Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #11
Supporter

I honestly don't think there was a more revolutionary moment in broadcast programming [ie, excepting breaking news, sports, etc] than the pilot of Twin Peaks.

One could argue Hill Street Blues in retrospect, and Friends and Seinfeld revitalized some aspects of the sitcom, but that TP pilot was like a shotgun blast to the chest, and changed what people thought was possible on broadcast TV, and certainly expanded into the innovations in basic and pay cable, for decades to come.

The Twin Peaks pilot is probably, or at least jockeys with my 3 SACD set of 'Jazz at the Pawnshop,' the most I spent on a single piece of entertainment. Some $35 for a region-free DVD from Eastern Europe.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 10-07-2014 at 11:01 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.