Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2023, 10:48 AM   Topic Starter
The Insider

FOX Sports Executive: KC a great sports market

ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:50 AM   #2
Hockey Town

It's a great sports market because honestly there isn't a ton of other stuff to do...the Royals have no attendance because they are flaming butt, that isn't the fans fault.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:17 AM   #3
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
It's a great sports market because honestly there isn't a ton of other stuff to do...the Royals have no attendance because they are flaming butt, that isn't the fans fault.
Yep, it works the opposite way down here. Too many choices on what to do in Florida. That’s why almost all sports teams down here struggle to get butts in their seats.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 05:01 PM   #4
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Hello!! World's of Fun!!!!???
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:09 AM   #5
MVP

This cannot be the top soccer market. Too many good ole boys around here that hate soccer with a passion.

No NHL team. No NBA team. No MLB team.

The Chiefs are this city right now.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:18 AM   #6
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post

Always have been.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:22 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Always have been.
It was different in the 80's from what I understand but definitely not since 1993, except those two seasons where the Royals pulled a Rip Van Winkle and made not only the playoffs but the WS.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:47 AM   #8
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
It was different in the 80's from what I understand but definitely not since 1993, except those two seasons where the Royals pulled a Rip Van Winkle and made not only the playoffs but the WS.
This was a Royals town from the Mid 70's through the 80's. The Chiefs started to dominate KC when Marty came to town and they haven't loosened their grip since.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:48 AM   #9
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
This was a Royals town from the Mid 70's through the 80's. The Chiefs started to dominate KC when Marty came to town and they haven't loosened their grip since.
That's mainly because the Royals have been a giant turd for nearly that entire period.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:24 PM   #10
Starter

Quote:
I believe attending my first Chiefs game had to be in 1987 or 1988 when the Chiefs gave away tickets to everyone in the youth football league I played in. It's been awhile, but if I recall the seats where even lower bowl in one of the corners. Probably even worse attendance back then than the Royals these days to give away a giant block of semi-decent seats like that.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:33 PM   #11
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
I believe attending my first Chiefs game had to be in 1987 or 1988 when the Chiefs gave away tickets to everyone in the youth football league I played in. It's been awhile, but if I recall the seats where even lower bowl in one of the corners. Probably even worse attendance back then than the Royals these days to give away a giant block of semi-decent seats like that.
I remember going to an early season game and my sister and I were able to run down aisles and rows and climb over rows and rows of empty seats at a Chiefs game.

Then we would go to a Royals game and it was packed.

This was in the mid 80s.
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:52 AM   #12
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Always have been.
No, oh god not even close. I think the wizards drew more at arrowhead than the chiefs did one season.
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:22 AM   #13
Veteran

Quote:
This cannot be the top soccer market. Too many good ole boys around here that hate soccer with a passion.

No NHL team. No NBA team. No MLB team.

Stadium size limits them a bit, but Sporting KC is considered a top club, basically every game is sold out and it's considered one of the loudest stadiums in MLS. kC has a surprisingly strong soccer market for whatever reason. It's big enough that KC is getting World Cup matches.
dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:32 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmahurin View Post
Stadium size limits them a bit, but Sporting KC is considered a top club, basically every game is sold out and it's considered one of the loudest stadiums in MLS. kC has a surprisingly strong soccer market for whatever reason. It's big enough that KC is getting World Cup matches.
Sporting KC has been mediocre at best the last few seasons. Five years ago (and certainly 10 years ago) the club was more popular and successful. They've become stagnant with the same manager and philosophy.

Besides, calling KC the top soccer market in the country? That's a bold claim considering there's bigger towns with larger immigrant populations from countries where soccer is life. I'm glad we're getting the World Cup and I'm not saying this isn't a good soccer market. Just think calling it the best is a stretch.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:38 AM   #15
Supporter

Quote:
Sporting KC has been mediocre at best the last few seasons. Five years ago (and certainly 10 years ago) the club was more popular and successful. They've become stagnant with the same manager and philosophy.

Besides, calling KC the top soccer market in the country? That's a bold claim considering there's bigger towns with larger immigrant populations from countries where soccer is life. I'm glad we're getting the World Cup and I'm not saying this isn't a good soccer market. Just think calling it the best is a stretch.
KC has the largest competitive youth soccer league in the nation.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote