Grizzly Bear 74 79.57%
Gorilla 18 19.35%
Gaz 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2024, 02:55 PM   Topic Starter
MVP

Grizzly Bear vs. Gorilla

Who wins?
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:57 PM   #2
Veteran

If both animals are 100% motivated to fight, the gorilla destroys the bear.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 03:11 PM   #3
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
Please explain this logic. The bear is bigger, heavier, sharp claws, a better set of teeth for killing, and the bear is naturally more ferocious. I don't see any way the gorilla is not absolutely destroyed by the bear in pretty short order.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 03:22 PM   #4
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Please explain this logic. The bear is bigger, heavier, sharp claws, a better set of teeth for killing, and the bear is naturally more ferocious. I don't see any way the gorilla is not absolutely destroyed by the bear in pretty short order.

Yeah, unless the gorilla gets into a tussle with King Kong, the grizzly wins and the gorilla takes a dirt nap.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:31 PM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Keep in mind it's only an opinion, I'm not a zoologist.

Everything you said about the bear is true, although I'm not sure about the "ferocious" part.

The gorilla (I'm assuming a 500 lb. Silverback) will be more agile and more intelligent, with physical strength like a comic book superhero with the dexterity and limbs/hands/fingers to apply that strength in many ways. I'm sure if there were a hundred bear/gorilla fights, the bear would win a fair amount, primarily with those front claws.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 03:36 PM   #6
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Keep in mind it's only an opinion, I'm not a zoologist.

Everything you said about the bear is true, although I'm not sure about the "ferocious" part.

The gorilla (I'm assuming a 500 lb. Silverback) will be more agile and more intelligent, with physical strength like a comic book superhero with the dexterity and limbs/hands/fingers to apply that strength in many ways. I'm sure if there were a hundred bear/gorilla fights, the bear would win a fair amount, primarily with those front claws.
Gorillas are actually pretty damn stupid.

As for agility - man, I don't think it matters here. This is a savage fight between wild animals; they ain't dancing around the ring here. They're gonna come out swinging.

If this fight lasts more than a couple minutes, I'd be surprised. I think the Grizzly wins this one without really breaking a sweat.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:19 PM   #7
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Destroys, I doubt this. The Gorilla may have a slight advantage in strength (maybe). The Griz is very strong too and has a decided advantage of long razor-sharp claws and teeth made to rip and tear. Then there is the once irritated he won't stop until he kills you or you kill it.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:59 PM   #8
The man you could post like.

Probably a draw. Both animals are easily capable of inflicting fatal wounds on the other.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 03:05 PM   #9
You gotta kill a few people

The gorilla’s chances are functionally zero.

I have a better chance of killing a gorilla than a gorilla does a Grizzly.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 12:47 AM   #10
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
The gorilla’s chances are functionally zero.

I have a better chance of killing a gorilla than a gorilla does a Grizzly.
WTF? A Silverback Gorilla has the functional strength of 20 adult men.

Any Gorilla, especially a Silverback, would probably kill the bear, but sustain damage.

I don't think a bear, unless protecting cubs, would even think about attacking a Gorilla.

Last edited by ChiefsFanatic; 06-21-2024 at 02:08 AM..
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-21-2024, 05:53 AM   #11
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post

Any Gorilla, especially a Silverback, would probably kill the bear, but sustain damage.

I don't think a bear, unless protecting cubs, would even think about attacking a Gorilla.
Read this. And instead of a 185-pound leopard, imagine it’s an 800-pound Grizzly.

The only chance the gorilla has is if the Grizzly has a heart attack or something during the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
See my edit. I think it was an accident.

Yeah here's another article: https://www.newspapers.com/article/l...illa/33900300/

ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:22 AM   #12
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Read this. And instead of a 185-pound leopard, imagine it’s an 800-pound Grizzly.

The only chance the gorilla has is if the Grizzly has a heart attack or something during the fight.
The Gorilla could crush the skull of the bear, or leopard.

There are individual people who survive bear attacks, so, again, a Gorilla with the functional strength of 20 adult men, they can run or move between 20 and 25 mph, and they are agile.

I am not sure what prowess you believe a bear has, but they are mostly stationary and vulnerable when attacking.

The Gorilla will attack the bear, and will not be at paw length for the bear to attack with its claws in an effecient manner. The bear will most likely go up on its back legs, and if rushed and hit or tackled by the Gorilla, the bear is really in trouble, as it is obviously not designed or used to fighting on the ground or from its back.

However, if there was an actual confrontation between a bear and a Gorilla, I doubt that the Gorilla would fight, and I think it would just avoid the bear, staying just far enough away to be safe. I think the bear would have to be attacking the young, or a breedable female, for the Gorilla to press an actual fight.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:24 PM   #13
In Search of a Life

Quote:
The Gorilla could crush the skull of the bear, or leopard.

There are individual people who survive bear attacks, so, again, a Gorilla with the functional strength of 20 adult men, they can run or move between 20 and 25 mph, and they are agile.

I am not sure what prowess you believe a bear has, but they are mostly stationary and vulnerable when attacking.

The Gorilla will attack the bear, and will not be at paw length for the bear to attack with its claws in an effecient manner. The bear will most likely go up on its back legs, and if rushed and hit or tackled by the Gorilla, the bear is really in trouble, as it is obviously not designed or used to fighting on the ground or from its back.

However, if there was an actual confrontation between a bear and a Gorilla, I doubt that the Gorilla would fight, and I think it would just avoid the bear, staying just far enough away to be safe. I think the bear would have to be attacking the young, or a breedable female, for the Gorilla to press an actual fight.

You think a gorilla could crush the skull of a grizzly bear? You'd have to drop a cement truck on the head of one of those things to crush it's skull. They can take bullets to the head and keep on coming. You are severely overrating the strenght of a monkey compared to a grizzly bear.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:11 AM   #14
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:

*Hasn't read the thread or looked at any of the presented evidence.*
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 06:23 AM   #15
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:

Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote