Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   Topic Starter
Inmem 2.0

Roster Depth

How do you think this year's roster depth compares to the last several years?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #2
Veteran

It's possibly worse in a couple of areas that show up more in these sort of games. OL for example, we don't have anyone at Allegretti's level, and CB seems like there's a lot of depth but not good depth.

But, overall we're better at WR, TE etc than recent years. DL is exactly as bad as it's always been.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:40 AM   #3
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
It's possibly worse in a couple of areas that show up more in these sort of games. OL for example, we don't have anyone at Allegretti's level, and CB seems like there's a lot of depth but not good depth.

But, overall we're better at WR, TE etc than recent years. DL is exactly as bad as it's always been.
Yep. OL and CB are concerning for the reasons u mentioned. OL depth is unproven, except for Naing, and he's proven he's terrible. Plus, if Morris is hurt, it makes the depth worse. IMO, they need to bring a vet in.

Regarding the CB's, we're really going to miss Sneed, especially early in the season. None of the other CB's look ready. The saving grace here is that Spags seems to be able to get the most out of young CB talent, and some of the guys could turn into something by the middle or the end of the year.

Last edited by TEX; Today at 06:35 AM..
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #4
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Yep. OL and CB are concerning for the reasons u mentioned. OL depth is unproven, except for Naing, and he's proven he's terrible. Plus, if Morris is hurt, it makes the depth worse. IMO, they need to bring a vet in.

Regarding the CB's, we're really going to miss Sneed, especially early in the season. None of the other CB's look ready. The saving grace here is that Spags seems to be able to get the most out of young CB talent, and some of the guys could turn into something by the middle or the end of the year.
I'm not too worried about Niang because I'm pretty sure he's played his way off the roster.

I kinda wonder if Ethan Driskell won't make the squad. He looked green but he looked talented. That last OT on the roster is going to be a gameday inactive most of the time anyway so if you're going to carry a 4th OT, why not have it be a developmental guy with 4 years of team control who has size and athleticism vs. Niang who's a pending FA and seemingly has...nothing?

I probably try to sneak CJ Hanson through on waivers (if we lose him, we'll find someone just like him next year) and get him to the PS. Driskell is someone I'd keep though - not a lot of dudes his size that can move like he can. I'd take that sort of raw clay over a known non-factor like Niang.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm not too worried about Niang because I'm pretty sure he's played his way off the roster.

I kinda wonder if Ethan Driskell won't make the squad. He looked green but he looked talented. That last OT on the roster is going to be a gameday inactive most of the time anyway so if you're going to carry a 4th OT, why not have it be a developmental guy with 4 years of team control who has size and athleticism vs. Niang who's a pending FA and seemingly has...nothing?

I probably try to sneak CJ Hanson through on waivers (if we lose him, we'll find someone just like him next year) and get him to the PS. Driskell is someone I'd keep though - not a lot of dudes his size that can move like he can. I'd take that sort of raw clay over a known non-factor like Niang.
If you're keeping 4 tackles, one has to be Driskell. Niang is utterly worthless and in the last year of his deal. Zero point in keeping him.
Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Today, 08:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
If you're keeping 4 tackles, one has to be Driskell. Niang is utterly worthless and in the last year of his deal. Zero point in keeping him.
Yeah - Niang is one of my first and easiest cuts.

That dude just never developed a bit and never seemed to give much of a shit about it.

Some dudes get drafted and think they've 'arrived' - Niang appears to be one of those guys. He simply hasn't ever treated this like a job, IMO.

He acts as though making the NFL was the task in front of him. And when you have a guy like Travis Kelce who openly and loudly says "Making the NFL is easier than STAYING in the NFL" I just don't know how you have that attitude. There are maybe 5 guys in the NFL with a safer roster spot than that dude and he shows up acting like he still needs to earn his spot now in his 12th season in the league.

How do you work alongside a guy like that and not rise to his level? By being a bum that doesn't belong in the league, that's how.

This one is an easy call. Niang isn't on my roster even if we DON'T keep Driskell. He's just gone.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:42 AM   #7
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post

Yeah, we are going for a 3peat. There is a reason its not been done, not by the legendary teams like the 70's Steelers, Montana's 49'rs, Cowboys of the 90's.They couldn't get it done. Has anyone done the research as to why those teams couldn't pull off the 3peat?

We paid several key people but cant keep them all. If it wasn't for Veach's drafting we'd be in worse shape. We are going to be thin as shit at some positions. One of our key players gets hurt, it will lower our chances. But, as long as Mahomes gets the ball last, no matter the situation, he'll bring the win home.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:14 AM   #8
Mindful Taoist German

We need more depth on the OL.

That is the one position I've grown worried about. If we can make a trade with a mid-low round pick for swing tackle or G depth I'd do it. Just to be solid we can weather the storm this season...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:11 AM   #9
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
We need more depth on the OL.

That is the one position I've grown worried about. If we can make a trade with a mid-low round pick for swing tackle or G depth I'd do it. Just to be solid we can weather the storm this season...
Completely agree about OL depth. Niang is awful. Nourzad and Hanson are rookies and unproven. Caliendo is below average. We need to sign a guy or two off the street as back ups.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #10
Politically Incorrect

Roster looks a little weaker and not as deep.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:51 AM   #11
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I would say it’s shaping up similar to last year, just different major weak spots. For example, I don’t foresee WR being a problem this year, but CB might be. My concern level for DL is the same as last year, but it might be a little more magnified due to the potential weakness at CB. I think our LB and S play is going to be better.

OL is never as deep as you want it to be in the modern league. You’re in great shape if you just really like your starters. I bet our tackle play on both sides is better this year.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:55 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I would say it’s shaping up similar to last year, just different major weak spots.
That's my take as well. I expect this team to be better than last year's, but I also expect it to be quite different as well.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 07:54 AM   #13

Yeah - the secondary is my concern.

Not because I don't think there are some quality players there - but because they sure as shit didn't PLAY like it in the pre-season. These 2nd and 3rd string defensive backs were just god-awful.

Blown coverages, penalties; just mental mistakes left and right. It was pretty damn ugly.

And really, the DL didn't look much better.

Offensively I think they're fine. Oladokun was pretty much garbage yesterday and Book has been a tire fire every time he's taken the field. You just can't learn anything about the offensive depth when the spare QBs are playing that poorly.

But on defense, the DL and DB groups were pretty ragged.
Old Today, 07:56 AM   #14
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I’d like to go ahead and get one of these vets in the building before we have to force something at the trade deadline. At the current trajectory, I would bet about anything we trade for a pass rusher if not a CB by the deadline.

Just address it now with roster cutdowns and maybe they get ahead of the problem. Can you flip a WR for a CB? Surely there’s something out there.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #15
Hello

I find this post by Teicher HILARIOUS!

"Chiefs: After major roster changes at wide receiver during the offseason, when the Chiefs added speed in veteran free agent Marquise Brown and rookie Xavier Worthy, a first-round draft pick, the additions echoed throughout the depth chart. On top of that, former Super Bowl stars such as Mecole Hardman and Kadarius Toney are fighting for roster spots. Toney made a strong case Thursday against the Bears with his best preseason game, catching two passes for 26 yards and returning a punt for 16 yards." -- Adam Teicher
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.