Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-29-2024, 10:59 AM  
Veteran

Mahomes chasing the GOAT

It seems inarguable that Brady is the GOAT, but we're past the end of his 23 season career and we see the entirety of his achievements. Mahomes is only in his 7th season, so it would be fair to compare Brady at the same point in his career. Since success is the ultimate measure for such a comparison, I only looked at playoff performance.

Brady started his career at age 23 while Mahomes started at age 22 and both players made their first playoff start in their second season. Currently, Mahomes is finishing his 7th season and will finish with 18 career playoff starts. At the end of his 7th season Brady had made 14 playoff starts. Brady did not get to 18 playoff starts until the end of his 10th season.

Mahomes is currently 14-3 (.824) in his playoff starts while Brady was 12-2 (.857) after his 7th season and 14-3 (.824) after his 17th playoff start.

At the end of his 7th season, Mahomes will have either 2 or 3 Super Bowl wins, while at the end of his 7th season Brady had 3 Super Bowl wins and after his 18th playoff game he was still at 3 Super Bowl wins.

Mahomes' numbers are better than Brady's across the board too. All of these comparisons are after 17 playoff games:

Completions - Mahomes (M) 422 - Brady (B) 372
Completion % - M 67.4 - B 62.5
Yards/attempt - M 7.7 - B 6.6
Yards - M 4802 - B 3954
Touchdowns - M 39 - B 26
Interceptions - M 7 - B 12
Sacks - M 32 - B 28

Rushing stats
Attempts - M 81 - B 42
Yards - M 458 - B 68
Yards/attempt - M 5.65 - B 1.62
Touchdowns - M 5 - B 2

None of this is presented to say that Mahomes should be called the GOAT over Brady, but he is well on the way to getting there.

All statistics are from pro football reference.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:02 AM   #2

It's okay for you to go ahead and call Mahomes the GOAT. If an NFL start-up draft were held today, and all player ages were reset to 22 years old, we all know who the #1 overall pick would be.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 11:03 AM   #3
Hockey Town

That's an interesting way to look at it.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:06 AM   #4
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post

I like that too. I call it "Prime GOAT" or a GOAT in their Prime....

never heard Peak Goat before but I like it.

Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:07 AM   #5
MVP

Wake me up when he matches Troy Aikman in Super Bowl wins.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 11:23 AM   #6
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
It seems inarguable that Brady is the GOAT,
I'll argue it. Brady was carried by great defenses at the beginning of his career and cheated the 2nd half of his career. He french kisses his son and deserves to die a horrible and painful death. **** Tom Brady and all the sister ****ing Patriot fans that worship the ground the cheating scumbag walks on.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 11:24 AM   #7
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I'll argue it. Brady was carried by great defenses at the beginning of his career and cheated the 2nd half of his career. He french kisses his son and deserves to die a horrible and painful death. **** Tom Brady and all the sister ****ing Patriot fans that worship the ground the cheating scumbag walks on.
As much as we hate him..he's apparently good friends with Pat, I know Brady likes Pat more than any other QB currently playing.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:25 AM   #8
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

This prime version of Mahomes, or just everything we've seen since 2018, is the best football player ever. He would be the top pick in a draft for certain.

And New England fans know it for the most part. That's why they're so damn sensitive to he and Kelce's success despite the fact that they still have over double the rings.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:26 AM   #9
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
It seems inarguable that Brady is the GOAT, but we're past the end of his 23 season career and we see the entirety of his achievements. Mahomes is only in his 7th season, so it would be fair to compare Brady at the same point in his career. Since success is the ultimate measure for such a comparison, I only looked at playoff performance.

Brady started his career at age 23 while Mahomes started at age 22 and both players made their first playoff start in their second season. Currently, Mahomes is finishing his 7th season and will finish with 18 career playoff starts. At the end of his 7th season Brady had made 14 playoff starts. Brady did not get to 18 playoff starts until the end of his 10th season.

Mahomes is currently 14-3 (.824) in his playoff starts while Brady was 12-2 (.857) after his 7th season and 14-3 (.824) after his 17th playoff start.

At the end of his 7th season, Mahomes will have either 2 or 3 Super Bowl wins, while at the end of his 7th season Brady had 3 Super Bowl wins and after his 18th playoff game he was still at 3 Super Bowl wins.

Mahomes' numbers are better than Brady's across the board too. All of these comparisons are after 17 playoff games:

Completions - Mahomes (M) 422 - Brady (B) 372
Completion % - M 67.4 - B 62.5
Yards/attempt - M 7.7 - B 6.6
Yards - M 4802 - B 3954
Touchdowns - M 39 - B 26
Interceptions - M 7 - B 12
Sacks - M 32 - B 28

Rushing stats
Attempts - M 81 - B 42
Yards - M 458 - B 68
Yards/attempt - M 5.65 - B 1.62
Touchdowns - M 5 - B 2

None of this is presented to say that Mahomes should be called the GOAT over Brady, but he is well on the way to getting there.

All statistics are from pro football reference.

What are you talking about? How can anyone whose team cheated to help him win games/multiple super bowls be considered the GOAT by everyone? Plenty of people who are out there who think someone else is the GOAT. So speak for yourself.
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old 01-29-2024, 11:30 AM   #10
MVP

The term GOAT is being eclipsed. Mahomes
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:30 AM   #11
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

After Mahomes got his first, I predicted he would win 3 Super Bowls.

After the second, I upped that to 4. 1 more in the prime. 1 at the end of his career.

If we win this one, I’m done guessing. I don’t have a realistic number to guess.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:33 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
This prime version of Mahomes, or just everything we've seen since 2018, is the best football player ever. He would be the top pick in a draft for certain.

And New England fans know it for the most part. That's why they're so damn sensitive to he and Kelce's success despite the fact that they still have over double the rings.
Even Portnoy's bitch ass sort of admitted it yesterday.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:39 AM   #13
GDT white noise poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post

I was thinking about it yesterday (not this post specifically) and I think that's fair.

Like Mahomes is a better QB than Brady was. I mean like the mechanics of being a QB, making throws and doing crazy shit. But if you want to judge who is the goat based on who won the most SB's, which I think is a very fair metric to judge by, it's obviously Brady. But to me that's a little bit of an oversimplification. Like if Dee Ford lines up onside Brady likely has one less and Mahomes has one more, but that doesn't really have to do with Brady or Mahomes specifically.

Mahomes hasn't caught Brady yet, I'd still call Brady the GOAT but Mahomes I think is on the trajectory to do it and I think he will eclipse Brady by the end of his career even if the ring count is still in Brady's favor.
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 11:40 AM   #14
Beyond the Rapids

Mahomes is for sure in the conversation with Brady and Montana as the three "who do you want, in their prime, to win one game for your team" QBs. There's nobody else in that conversation.

In terms of lifetime achievement, you never know. Tomorrow isn't promised to you, both success and life are fragile in this world. He's only 28 and at the current rate he should be right there with Brady by the end.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:43 AM   #15
GDT white noise poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
Mahomes is for sure in the conversation with Brady and Montana as the three "who do you want, in their prime, to win one game for your team" QBs. There's nobody else in that conversation.

In terms of lifetime achievement, you never know. Tomorrow isn't promised to you, both success and life are fragile in this world. He's only 28 and at the current rate he should be right there with Brady by the end.
yeah if that's the criteria I think the obvious answer is Mahomes. Mahomes has been consistently great since his first game as a pro.
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.