Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2017, 09:11 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

A lot of us were wrong about Eric Berry

Dorsey was wrong. I was wrong. Many here were wrong. Signing him was 100% the right move regardless of money of any other circumstances.

Losing him really reminds me of Seattle losing Earl Thomas last year. After he got put on IR, they suffered badly and fell off considerably.

Seems like that is happening here. For as much as Eric Murray tries, he won't be half of Eric Berry's talent covering TE's. Ron Parker isn't a big turnover machine like him and Dirty Dan isn't half the tackler that Eric Berry is in the box.

Where is the leadership on defense? I get that Houston is a good leader, but with respect to him, he's not anywhere close to the leader Eric Berry is.
Pandoras box is now jacked completely open. Marcus Peters has been yelling at fans, losing focus, losing motivation, not wanting to tackle and making really poor decisions downfield.

There's no communication, no leadership, no attitude, no motivation, nothing.

I would happily pay him $20 million for all he does here. He's invaluable.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #2
Most Valuable Villain

Bunch of butt ****ing morons.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #3
SuperChiefs

Yep. I also think that Berry kept Peters head right. With Berry not in there, Peters is free to be a complete dumbass.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #4
World's Best Boss

The fact that many were legitimately making an argument that Daniel Sorensen could in any way, shape or form replace Berry's production (even in the box) is pretty shocking, even for Chiefsplanet.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:47 AM   #5
I'll be back.

Yeah, I wasn't. So where are the props?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

People wanted to look at his whole career when determining whether he was worth the money or not. That was the mistake. He has been a whole different player and person since he came back from cancer.

I pray that he comes back and can stay healthy, he's been through enough.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
People wanted to look at his whole career when determining whether he was worth the money or not. That was the mistake. He has been a whole different player and person since he came back from cancer.

I pray that he comes back and can stay healthy, he's been through enough.
He just wanted to win Comeback Player of the Year again.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:27 AM   #8
The Priest and I

It was the right move if...IF Berry can stay on the field. By the end of this season, Eric Berry will have missed 42 games in his 8 year NFL career. That was my concern with the contract. His body has unfortunately failed him on multiple levels.
TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #9
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
He just wanted to win Comeback Player of the Year again.
I hope you're right. Achilles injuries scare the hell out of me anymore cause guys seem to have a tendency to overcompensate when they return and then pop the opposite Achilles.

Hopefully since Berry should have the max recovery time (Week 1 2017 to Week 1 2018), he won't have those issues.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:35 AM   #10
Veteran

I was glad we signed Berry, but it does not make sense to say it was the right move now that he is, once again, going to be out for a significant amount of time. The injury risk was widely appreciated.

Let's suppose it was 50:50 that Berry would get badly injured. If you had called heads on a coin flip that comes up tails, you can't claim you made the right decision unless the payoff for coming up heads is more than what you lost. We lost the difference in salary cap space and replacement safety value between where we are and where we would have been had we not signed Berry. That is a big loss. The replacement safeties available in the off-season are, presumably, better than the ones during the regular season.

Other alternative assumptions about the risk probability, then the ratio of the gains to losses would have to be adjusted accordingly. The point, though, is that the expected payoff is what matters at the time of the signing. Also, whatever that expected payoff is, when the coin flips are revealed, the ones who lost, lost, even if they had a favorable expected payoff when they placed the bet.

So, for folks that thought that Berry should be signed, all that can be said for sure is that we lost. The coin flip came up tails. You don't get to claim you won if you lost. The folks who called heads that want to argue that they were right would need to argue why the losses we are currently facing are less than what we could have won had Berry not been injured.

Last edited by DanT; 10-21-2017 at 11:09 AM..
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #11
Supporter

The players filling in for Berry should be made to watch his highlight reels again and again...maybe they'll learn something...
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #12
Supporter

I posted the same thing in a different thread.

I didn't have a particularly strong opinion either way. I couldn't see us paying him that kind of jack. I also couldn't see us walking away from him.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:22 AM   #13
Banned!

With a healthy Berry, we win the last two games.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #14
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Dorsey was wrong. I was wrong. Many here were wrong. Signing him was 100% the right move regardless of money of any other circumstances.

Losing him really reminds me of Seattle losing Earl Thomas last year. After he got put on IR, they suffered badly and fell off considerably.

Seems like that is happening here. For as much as Eric Murray tries, he won't be half of Eric Berry's talent covering TE's. Ron Parker isn't a big turnover machine like him and Dirty Dan isn't half the tackler that Eric Berry is in the box.

Where is the leadership on defense? I get that Houston is a good leader, but with respect to him, he's not anywhere close to the leader Eric Berry is.
Pandoras box is now jacked completely open. Marcus Peters has been yelling at fans, losing focus, losing motivation, not wanting to tackle and making really poor decisions downfield.

There's no communication, no leadership, no attitude, no motivation, nothing.

I would happily pay him $20 million for all he does here. He's invaluable.

But some of us were right - but no gloating here. I actually wanted Dorsey to do the deal much sooner, but I understood his approach in making Berry prove himself after beating cancer. However, once he did that, I wanted him signed immediately. We all lost out when he went down week 1. I really think this year, with him, the Defense would have been just good enough to get the job done with Smith and the offense balling.

Because Chiefs...
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 10-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #15
pie is never free

As Cinderella once sang, dont know what ya got til its gone...
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote