Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Archives
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the Holmes signing.
Pleased - he's a playa! 78 63.41%
Angry - he's a backup that couldn't put Rhett on the bench. 7 5.69%
Undecided but hopeful. 38 30.89%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2001, 10:46 PM  
Phobia

Trying to find out what Chiefs fan's opinion is on Holmes.

Old 04-27-2001, 11:15 PM   #2
Mindful Taoist German

Undecided but hopeful...

I haven't seen him run enough to really get a good feel on him. Of course, if he HAD produced stellar numbers we WOULD have, and he wouldn't have been a back up....

Stranger things have happened than a Chief gett'n 1,000 yrds rushing, just not lately...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 04-27-2001, 11:41 PM   #3
Tacklen' Fuel

I have seen Preist alot........(have a personal friend who plays for baltimore....so i watched all of their games on directv last season).......he is extremely tough.......runs tough....always delivers the blow......doesnt fumble.......i was really suprised to hear that he is only 205 because he runs like he is 235.......also, dont ever remember them throwing to him, so ill take vd's word on his hands.

i am extremely happy that he is a chief.......now if my buddy can get to kc, i can get the cool players family tickets to chiefs games.....lol
sun is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.sun is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.

Old 04-28-2001, 01:16 AM   #4
Feeling Victorian

I know practiculy nothing about this guy. Other than the fact that he played for the Ravens. Wasn't he a backup? But then again if he gains 1000 yrds. it will be a monumental moment in Chiefs history. SINCE IT'S BEEN SO fuckING LONG SINCE WE HAD ONE!! Sorry.... Got carried away for a moment :D
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 04-28-2001, 01:34 AM   #5
zzzz Kats always

Just from what I have read, this guy is a HUGE asset to the Chiefs. When he got hurt and Lewis took over it was sort of like Warner and Trent Green. Look at his stats. Before he lost his starting position his numbers were huge. My favorite saying....
CHIEFS RULE~ LET'S GO CHIEFS~
tommykat is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.tommykat is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.

Old 04-28-2001, 07:54 AM   #6
kcred

I voted in the undecided category, but was tempted to vote in the positive one. Remember, the Raven offense has not been that great for years, and gaining 1000 is somewhat of an accomplishment. However, as is the case of many positions, I have adopted a wait and see attitude.

Old 04-28-2001, 01:52 PM   #7
Veteran

My vision is that Priest will score two rushing TDs per game.
My vision also includes 1 TD each from Defense and ST per game, at least 2 Passing TDs per game minimum. There also will be 2 to three TDs per game from other runners and recievers.. so lets see.. 42 points per game minimum. I like my vision.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.

Old 04-29-2001, 09:38 AM   #8
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

He will do just fine, it's the D that has me concerned at this point, but there is still plenty of time before opening day.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 04-29-2001, 10:09 AM   #9
Self-sufficience please!

Potential is there

I know that many of you will disagree, but I feel like the combo of both TRich and Holmes in the backfield "could" be more potent than Faulk/Holcombe combo. Tony is good enough to do the job himself, then you add a guy like Holmes... devistating one-two punch, IMO. They both catch the ball well, and when they get in the open...watch out. Tony is the bruiser inside and Holmes the shifty guy who can break it to the outside. They will have a tough time predicting what to defend simply by the personel on the field.

The only problem with this vision is that DV has said a few times that he will use a one back set quite often. I'm not sold on this aspect yet, especially when it comes to Holmes. I watched him a few times during that 1,000 yard season and he looked pretty good, but good enough to carry the ball 20+ times a game? I wonder.

My vote is a wait and see...
Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.

Old 04-29-2001, 10:37 AM   #10
Veteran

I am very happy with Holmes. Think he is a much better pick up than the Raida's got with Garner. Tough, quick and can catch the ball...sounds like a fit to me. May not be a pro bowler, but for a FA pick up I think it was a great move.
chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.chief52 is not part of the Right 53.

Old 04-30-2001, 12:40 PM   #11
The Dude Abides

I'm optomistic...

My only question is his durability...a bit on the small side, I wonder if he gets 20 touches a game, will he be able to take it?

I've gotta think any back in the Raven offense, especially before Billichek took over, that ran for 1000 yds has to be pretty good. Then with Lewis taking over last year, he just didn't get the carries. That, and in the Ravens offense, he just didn't fit.

So far, it sounds to me, as if this offense is tailor-made for a back like Holmes. Apparently, he seemed to think the same thing...because he could've signed elsewhere earlier...but waited on KC.

We will see; but I am hopeful of a 1000/500 yd season for rushing/receiving. With T-Rich in the same backfield, I really do think that this backfield COULD be at least as productive as the Rams. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I really see it!
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation

Old 04-30-2001, 12:46 PM   #12
Starter

I wouldn't go that far...

I like Holmes, and when I knew he'd be a free agent, I was hoping the Chiefs would consider him. With him and Richardson pounding away we should see a one-two punch close to what we enjoyed several years back with Word and Okoye. I'm talking about actual GOOD and CONSISTENT production when I make that comparison.

I was wanting Garner in a bad way, and I wasn't concerned about his light frame, because he proved to be durable. I'm glad we got a back like Holmes, and like Lamar Smith of Miami, he could turn out to be a real steal.
ThaChop is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThaChop is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.

Old 05-02-2001, 11:40 AM   #13
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I think Holmes will be a good fit...

Good speed, although a little small. What excites me is the way he catches the football, and his elusiveness.

Now, what to do with the defense????
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-02-2001, 11:46 AM   #14
Go Chiefs!

I believe Holmes will be an excellent RB for the Chiefs. I would like to see him put on 3 to 5 lbs. of muscle, but he should be effective for the Chiefs. The Chiefs' offense should be good. I am worried about the CBs and LBs.
voyager is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.voyager is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.

Old 05-02-2001, 08:31 PM   #15
I am Number Six

I realize I'm in the minority, but...

I was <b>REALLY</b> unhappy with the Holmes pick-up. I've been watching the Raven's play (not by choice mind you) since 1997 and I've seen Priest Holmes lose the starting position 3 times.

Yeah, he put up some numbers.

I still don't like him. I don't think he's everything he's made out to be. Call it a hunch, there's nothing concrete I can point to, but I imagine I've seen him more than you guys have just because of where I live.

I <b>hope</b> I'm wrong.
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.