Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 08:09 PM  
MVP

Justin Reid says he'll handle kickoffs...

I watch his interview with Chris Long where he talked about this. Here is an article about it.

The NFL kickoff will be different in 2024 since the league's competition committee added new rules this offseason.

These new rules came to be because touchbacks became more expected on kickoff returns than actual returns themselves. The rules incentivize action and returns -- and tackling -- will be more important than ever, particularly on the last line of defense for the kicking team.

That's why the back-to-back Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs have decided to insert safety Justin Reid as their new kickoff man. He filled in for kicker Harrison Butker in this capacity at different moments in the 2022 and 2023 seasons because of injury. Reid went 1 of 2 on extra points in Week 1 of the 2022 season at the Arizona Cardinals, a 44-21 Chiefs victory. His seven career kickoffs have traveled an average of 63.6 yards, and Reid has recorded five touchbacks.

"The advantage for us is that if I'm doing the job, which is what we're planning on doing, then I can fill that last gap, so it makes it a little bit easier, and nobody needs to win two gaps," Reid said on the "Green Light with Chris Long" podcast on Tuesday. "We're in a great place with it. Although I know he [Butker] can make some tackles, I think he's excited to preserve himself, and we can use him where we really need him, which is those fourth-quarter situations to go nail a 60-yard field goal and win the game. It would be devastating to try and trot a guy out there who's still nicked up from trying to make a tackle in the second quarter."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ch...ive-with-move/
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 08:13 PM   #2
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Good for Reid saves our kicker for clutch field goals in the playoffs and Super Bowl.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:14 PM   #3
Consuming CP souls

Such a stupid rule change. Dumber than the Ravens uniforms some of CP splooged over...
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:27 PM   #4
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Such a stupid rule change. Dumber than the Ravens uniforms some of CP splooged over...
When is the last time u had consensual sex
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 12 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:37 PM   #5
YOU take YOUR seat

I wonder if this would make Reid a little more valuable come contract time
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:40 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

This is excellent tbh, butler has been hurt for the past couple years. This will give him a chance to only kick when we need him the most, may be able to save his leg a bit too for some longer field goals
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 08:41 PM   #7
MVP

I'm glad we're already thinking about this strategy.

I can only imagine the 1st day of training camp for 31 other teams.

DC: "Can anyone in this room kick a football 50 yards accurately?"

Crickets...
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 08:43 PM   #8
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Do you have any idea how much more exciting this is going to make the game? And how the Chiefs will likely benefit by being ahead of the curve?

Is your life so boring that you’ve fallen in love with touchbacks? Can you point out on the doll where Butker touched you?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:45 PM   #9
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
Apparently he and Rees-Zammit were both good at this type of role. I doubt it’ll mean that much but it’ll matter.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:46 PM   #10
MVP

I actually really like this rule change, but not sure I like Reid kicking off. He’s too valued on defense and we have no idea the kind of injury rate that could occur on these new returns. I wish they would have let the rugby dude handle it. It will certainly give us an edge having Reid do it, but I’m not sure it’s worth it.

It does sound like Reid is on board with it, though, so let’s roll with it. Anything for the 3-peat.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 08:56 PM   #11
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Justin is going to get a lot of opportunities for kickoffs. A LOT His leg just might fall off.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:58 PM   #12
[b]Supporter[/b]

Reid is a great interview and I like Green Light whenever I have a chance to listen.

I also found the piece about kick trajectory changing interesting. The Chiefs think lots of kicks will be low with top spin because the coverage team can move when the ball touches the ground.

I’m looking forward to the change.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 08:59 PM   #13
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
Reid has been a historically great signing

3 year deal 2 years down so far

2 years and 2 Super Bowls

he has the chance to go 3 for 3 and lay claim to the best free agent safety signing in NFL history

plus he kicks it

just all around good dude
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:20 PM   #14
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
This is excellent tbh, butler has been hurt for the past couple years. This will give him a chance to only kick when we need him the most, may be able to save his leg a bit too for some longer field goals
I wish I had a Butler.. I'd make him do my laundry..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:46 PM   #15
In Pat We Trust

They want more returns? Didn't the NFL move the kickoff up some number of years ago? Why not just move the ball back for kickoffs?
el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.