Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-22-2021, 01:58 PM  
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Normal

Many of you may not be aware that I've been observing humans all my life. If so, you will probably be surprised to know that, during that time, I've learned a lot.

Of course, I'm not claiming to be an expert on the behavior of earthborn hominids ... as a rule, I leave that to aliens and puppies. However, I've recently concluded that different people define the term "Normal" very, very differently.

Some homo sapiens appear to think that "Normal" entails having a job, or a family, or a TV, or 4 TVs ... or whatever. It seems to be a term defined as "Conformity" ... in other words, doing what is typical or expected ... or average-by-comparison. From that perspective, I suppose one can think of "Normal" as behavior and a lifestyle that harmonizes with society's perceived mathematical mean.

Anyhow ... I know many Planeteers are probably more or less "Normal." On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that many of you don't perceive yourself as entirely "Normal" ... perhaps not "Abnormal" ... but somehow outside the existing, generally accepted standard of behavior.

And these musings lead me to these questions;

1) What do Planeteers consider to be "Normal?" And ...
2) Do you consider yourself to be "Normal?"

Disclaimers: (Sorry if re-post.)

FAX THE STONED PHILOSOPHER
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:14 PM   #2
Hello

No.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:17 PM   #3
I'm with the banned.

Normal = Damaged and damaging in several mostly unexamined, untreated ways. Has unhealthy connections, fixations, obsessions and addictions to societally acceptable things and behaviors. Desperate but unfocused on why or on what to do about it. Fearfully angry—because anger is more acceptable than fear. Self-isolated and hopelessly self-reliant.

I’ll always have to struggle against being normal.
ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:28 PM   #4
MVP

Normal people tend to work the 8-5 commute home, watch the news, make dinner, more tv or a video game to unwind with some drinks. And tbh I have no idea what normies do on the weekend.

My waking hours are divided into two categories. Want to and have to. I do the things I have to get done early in the week so I can enjoy the want too activities later. This week Monday and Tuesday was a grind, Wednesday I went and moved a tree stand for the upcoming bow season, Thursday tore apart my sons dirtbike to freshen the top end, then Friday I turned the tv on for the first time all week and watched the game. My weekends typically revolve around the outdoors or some kind of traveling. I have a side by side and a dirtbike for my wife and son. Weekends consist of little league, drag racing or off roading. I often wonder what normal people who aren’t balls deep in hobbies like mine do.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:36 PM   #5
MVP

I have never ****ed, eaten or roped a goat. If I did things on a normal order. Well..
It's concerning.
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:21 PM   #6
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Many of you may not be aware that I've been observing humans all my life. If so, you will probably be surprised to know that, during that time, I've learned a lot.

Of course, I'm not claiming to be an expert on the behavior of earthborn hominids ... as a rule, I leave that to aliens and puppies. However, I've recently concluded that different people define the term "Normal" very, very differently.

Some homo sapiens appear to think that "Normal" entails having a job, or a family, or a TV, or 4 TVs ... or whatever. It seems to be a term defined as "Conformity" ... in other words, doing what is typical or expected ... or average-by-comparison. From that perspective, I suppose one can think of "Normal" as behavior and a lifestyle that harmonizes with society's perceived mathematical mean.

Anyhow ... I know many Planeteers are probably more or less "Normal." On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that many of you don't perceive yourself as entirely "Normal" ... perhaps not "Abnormal" ... but somehow outside the existing, generally accepted standard of behavior.

And these musings lead me to these questions;

1) What do Planeteers consider to be "Normal?" And ...
2) Do you consider yourself to be "Normal?"

Disclaimers: (Sorry if re-post.)

FAX THE STONED PHILOSOPHER
What is normal? How do we define normal? Do you see someone talking to you without their dick in their hand. That is normal.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:25 PM   #7
Veteran

It is all perspective. Your truth is correct. It doesn't mean it is THE truth. We all think we are "normal" with the exception of the Daimler family. Then you are f'd up.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:36 PM   #8
best in the biz

I'm a left handed creative.

I'm not even close.

Just like you, FAX.

stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 04:39 PM   #9
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel View Post
I have never ****ed, eaten or roped a goat. If I did things on a normal order. Well..
It's concerning.
Goat meat is good, especially when it is hot and juicy.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:44 PM   #10
Banned

I wouldn't consider myself normal and it's a big part of my charm.

And normal is a contextual thing. Is it normal to have illegal aliens doing your landscaping maintenance in Phoenix? Yes. Is it normal in Boise? Probably not.

Last edited by eDave; 08-22-2021 at 04:53 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:57 PM   #11
Starter

other than the organization i'm not to into being norml
cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:15 PM   #12
MVP

I think my age group has a much tougher time on the whole conformity thing. None of my friends have cable, one couple goes to church, and perhaps only 60% have kids. It really brings about a sense of isolation.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:16 PM   #13
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel View Post
It's concerning.
I Don't Believe You GIFs | Tenor
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #14
MER

Rebellious AF but that’s normal.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:16 PM   #15
New and Improved

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2014.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	122990  
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote