Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-18-2018, 03:29 PM  
"I'm with you fellers"

A cautionary tale

This is me....

rel="Lightbox"?attachmentid=116813&thumb=1&d=1534626623" class="thumbnail" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version Name: IMG_0448.jpg Views: 157 Size: 71.0 KB ID: 116813" style="margin: 2px" />

I never wore sunscreen on my bald head. After several years of having a wart like scab that never healed I went to a skin doctor. He took a biopsy and sent it in. BAM it's cancer. Off to Denver I went for Moh's surgery.

(Mohs micrographic surgery is considered the most effective technique for treating many basal cell carcinomas (BCCs) and squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs), the two most common types of skin cancer. The procedure is done in stages, including lab work, while the patient waits. This allows the removal of all cancerous cells for the highest cure rate while sparing healthy tissue and leaving the smallest possible scar.)

Long story short, I sat there for 62 minutes while he gave me shot after shot to numb the areas and cut and left and came back and cut and left and came back. Finally he said all done and I drove 4 1/2 hours home from Denver looking like Freddy Krugar.

Wear a hat and wear sunscreen please! Peace out.
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
Fish are scared of me

Damn man, cancer on the head sucks. Glad you got it before it got you.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
Supporter

A older pilot friend of mine puts sunblock on his nose when he flies.

Had skin cancer on his nose years ago.....

Great advice Wizard.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
You gotta kill a few people

Sorry to hear it, friend. At least you caught it in time.

I urge all of my white friends and family to wear sunscreen if at all possible. No one gives a shit until it's too late, but your skin can only take so much. If you're the type to burn after 15-30 minutes in the summer sun, why even risk it?

My skin is brown as **** and I'll still wear sunscreen when I'm out in the sun for extended periods of time. Helps to fight aging as well. The sun is a nasty beast.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:15 PM   #5
"I'm with you fellers"

Strange thing is it was only the size of half a dime and the scar was 4" long. He said he had to make it the shape of a football so it would sew back together. I will now go to the skin doctor at least once a year for the rest of my life!
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #6
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
Strange thing is it was only the size of half a dime and the scar was 4" long. He said he had to make it the shape of a football so it would sew back together. I will now go to the skin doctor at least once a year for the rest of my life!
I had mine on my back in 2015. I now go back every 6 months . I'm interested to know if your scar will be similar to mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150316_142316.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	116814  
Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #7
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I had a similar scare 20 years ago on my neck. Had to go back twice to have bigger chunks taken out, but it didn't scar at all once it healed up. I go get checked out on a regular basis and have never had any other problems. I come from a very fair-skinned genetic line and got a lot of sunburns as a kid, so it's a long-term concern.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #8
You Sweetie!

Glad you're okay bud.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:36 PM   #9
Take a Chill Pill

ur head look like a basebal
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:37 PM   #10
Supporter

Better than the alternative.

I need to wear sunscreen more often.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #11
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Best wishes for a full recovery with no recurrence.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:13 PM   #12
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Best wishes for a full recovery with no recurrence.
This.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Better than the alternative.

I need to wear sunscreen more often.
MOAR this.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:23 PM   #14
Mod Team

Tell Scho. Dude is so tan he’s untraceable at night.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.