Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: My job is XX percent likely to be automated in the future.
Less than 1% 47 47.47%
1 to 4.9% 17 17.17%
5 to 9.9% 4 4.04%
10 to 19.9% 3 3.03%
20 to 29.9% 7 7.07%
30 to 39.9% 4 4.04%
40 to 49.9% 2 2.02%
50 to 59.9% 0 0%
60 to 69.9% 4 4.04%
70 to 79.9% 0 0%
80 to 89.9% 2 2.02%
90 to 94.9% 2 2.02%
95 to 99% 1 1.01%
More than 99% 4 4.04%
I don't have a job. Maybe it's already been automated. 2 2.02%
I don't know what my job is called, so I can't look it up. 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2019, 09:21 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

How likely is your job to be automated?

Here's a link to do a lookup: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...niversity-one/. You can do a search in the table.

There may be nuanced differences, so look up synonyms for your job. For example, my initial guess of market research analyst is 61% likely to be automated, but survey researcher is only 23 percent likely to be automated, and management analysis is only 13 percent. I might also be a marketing manager (kind of), which is only 1.4 percent likely. If I average these, I figure I'm about 24.6 percent likely to have my job go away in the future.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #76
Veteran

Seems like the should also look at how MUCH of a job is likely to be automated. The jobs like data entry and bookkeeping and jobs focused around singular, well-defined tasks. Jobs like “engineering” are not so singular. Sure, many of the tasks performed by an engineer can and will become automated, but defining the problem to be solved and setting in which it will be implemented involves other tasks which will never be automated because they are unique and the risk to human safety from having the entire process automated is too great.
prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:31 PM   #77
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post

seems high.
they can’t automate artistic talent. But, business can get hurt by people getting laid off. That would effect the commercial side of art. Less disposable income to spend on art by the public. As far as automation goes, your talent may be one of the best suited to not be affected.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:50 PM   #78
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prhom View Post
Seems like the should also look at how MUCH of a job is likely to be automated. The jobs like data entry and bookkeeping and jobs focused around singular, well-defined tasks. Jobs like “engineering” are not so singular. Sure, many of the tasks performed by an engineer can and will become automated, but defining the problem to be solved and setting in which it will be implemented involves other tasks which will never be automated because they are unique and the risk to human safety from having the entire process automated is too great.
I don't know their methodology, but it seems like it might not be actual jobs getting eliminated, but rather the mundane parts of jobs being eliminated and then the remaining tasks being Consolidated into fewer FTEs. At least, that's how I would envision it.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:52 PM   #79
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I don't know their methodology, but it seems like it might not be actual jobs getting eliminated, but rather the mundane parts of jobs being eliminated and then the remaining tasks being Consolidated into fewer FTEs. At least, that's how I would envision it.
Agreed, that would make more sense. The jobs with a higher percentage of mundane tasks will be affected to a greater degree.
prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:59 PM   #80
pie is never free

I will absolutely be retired before AI takes over

#NotCoding
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:21 AM   #81
union paraplegic organizer

Not just any AI could sit on their ass all day. I’m safe, ha.
rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:02 AM   #82
Just a li'l Evel

There’s no selection for creative director, so Advertising Manager: 3.9%. BUT automation around my job has made my job less fun and more tedious, overall. Especially for young employees. Used to be we made mostly TV commercials, radio and billboards and print. The stuff was around for a month or more. It had to be considered. Crafted. It had to command attention. Now we have to make 12-100 times the ads in the same amount of time, to spread across social media. They come and go in a day. Bots serve different versions of ads to different people, based on what website they’re visiting, or social platform they’re on, and what they like on those platforms. So we have to write dozens of headlines, often create dozens of visuals etc. it’s quantity over quality a lot of the time.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:44 AM   #83
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
There’s no selection for creative director, so Advertising Manager: 3.9%. BUT automation around my job has made my job less fun and more tedious, overall. Especially for young employees. Used to be we made mostly TV commercials, radio and billboards and print. The stuff was around for a month or more. It had to be considered. Crafted. It had to command attention. Now we have to make 12-100 times the ads in the same amount of time, to spread across social media. They come and go in a day. Bots serve different versions of ads to different people, based on what website they’re visiting, or social platform they’re on, and what they like on those platforms. So we have to write dozens of headlines, often create dozens of visuals etc. it’s quantity over quality a lot of the time.
And try to do it without offending anyone ?????
I would guess that part has become insufferable.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #84
Rookie

Probably 0%, I am required to think and stuff!
1Ten Loves all of Deberg's threads.1Ten Loves all of Deberg's threads.1Ten Loves all of Deberg's threads.1Ten Loves all of Deberg's threads.1Ten Loves all of Deberg's threads.