Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2018, 07:49 AM  

Stephen St. John: Issues between Mahomes and Peters

On 810 this morning SSJ was talking about the Rams and Peters, when he dropped a bombshell that was new to me. Talked about how in addition to all of his other issues, Peters had a problem with Mahomes. He didn’t cite first hand info, but just said that was the vibe that Chadiha and others covering the team had conveyed. It matches up with the trash talk from Peters after he left, praising Alex and predicting turnovers when we play them in Mexico.

Maybe I missed the hubbub about this, but it seemed to be new information to SSJ’s co-hosts so maybe I didn’t. If true it erases any lingering doubt that Peters had to go immediately.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:33 AM   #301
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
First, 19 of his 27 INT's occurred in KC in his first 3 years (8, 6, 5). He hasn't exceeded 3 INT's in any of the 3 years since.

He's also a boom or bust player. In his first season in KC, he allowed the same number of TDs (8) as he had INT's.

His completion percentage and QBR against DOUBLED after he was traded to the Rams. He was literally a top 10 CB in KC and a bottom 10 CB in LA.

He's revamped himself somewhat in Baltimore. He's playing more like a shutdown corner and less like a ballhawk. He doesn't take as many risks as he used to, at least not to my eyes.
Nothing I said is incorrect. The guy claimed Peters hasn't come close to being as good as he was for us in his rookie year, but as you point out, he was actually a better corner in year two for us.

He was legitimately bad in LA but he's back to being a great CB since going to Baltimore. The dude was first-team All-Pro last year.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:54 AM   #302
They gon' regret that trade!!

My point remains:
Chiefs got his best years.
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #303
MVP

Last year as a whole Marcus Peters had a really good season, but once he got traded to Baltimore he was every bit as good as Stephon Gilmore.

Marcus Peters played 10 games with Baltimore

3 INTs, 65 tgts, 37 comp, 56.9 comp%, 356 yds allowed, 9.6 yds/comp, 5.5 yds/tgt, 2 TDs allowed, 63.4 QB rating against, 209 air yds, 147 YAC, 10 PD

Take those numbers over a 16 game season

5 int, 16 PD, 104 tgts, 59 comp, 570 yds, 3 TDs allowed, 335 Air yards, 235 YAC

Stephone Gilmore's 2019 stats

6 Ints, 20 PD, 101 Tgts, 51 comp, 50.5% comp%, 599 yds, 11.7 yds/comp, 5.9 yds/att, 0 TDs, 44.1 QB rating, 382 air yds, 217 YAC

Peters bests Gilmore in some areas, but the one thing that Gilmore seems to have a significant lead in is QB rating. I think the reason for such the gap between them is the amount of TDs allowed.

Marcus Peters was probably the 2nd best CB in the NFL last year once he got to the Ravens. I wish things would have worked out with us and him, but he obviously had to go.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:48 PM   #304
World's Best Boss

Peters has completely turned it around since coming to Baltimore. For some reason the Rams were determined to get him to be a completely different corner, whereas Baltimore is just asking him to be the player he was in KC.

Guessing we're going to see a lot of the unreal/jaw-dropping highlight reel INT's that we saw in KC. But, Pat will be ready. Pat was able to spit-roast him repeatedly in practice with his no look abilities. While Marcus could capitalize on other QB's looking down their receivers and cheat his zone/assignments, Pat would take advantage of this and obliterate him. Tamba went on and on about this in 2017 (said Pat even fooled Berry too).

Tamba and other players going public about that seemed to set Marcus off a bit. I know KK and Soren had some, uh, other analysis about their potential rift, but we never got that confirmed outside of the typical KC sports talk radio speculation, right?

Peters definitely did have beef with Pat at one time, though. He picked Pat up by the helmet and really got in his face (I know Pat waived the whole thing off - but c'mon, just watch the replay) and Mitchell Schwartz looked like he was going to kill Peters after that (though I can't find the replay of that whole thing now). I'm not sure if Tyrann/Clark would let something like that fly on our current roster.

Wouldn't be surprised if Peters has leveled out a bit since his time with the Rams. Seems way more laid back in interviews today.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 09-24-2020 at 02:20 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #305
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Is there still a beef between these two?

This should be a fun matchup again. The last time they played against each other In 2018, Peters got the better of Mahomes.

Who wins this Monday?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote