Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-16-2018, 12:44 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Oklahoma - Get your act together

What's the deal with those toll roads? I was driving along and all of a sudden my road announced that it was turning into a toll road. Whatever - that's rude, but I can deal with it.

But here's the thing that annoys me. There's a sign that says, "Exact Coins Required". That's it. That's the extent of the instructions.

First off, I live in the 21st century, so I generally don't have coinage in my pocket at all. Occasionally I may have a few if I just bought something with cash, which in itself seldom occurs.

But second, and most importantly, what exact coinage do I need? I'm more likely to have a quarter in my pocket than to have 88 cents. Is the fee 50 cents or 32 cents or 79 cents? This is really important information to provide to the traveling motorist.

With no other option available to me, I veered off on the alternate route and drove the backwoods for an hour, which was probably more interesting and fun. But come on, Oklahoma. Give me a chance to use a credit card, or at least give me a change machine or something. Things like this are why people choose to vacation instead in California or Hawaii.

(I may have posted about this the last time I was in Oklahoma, but if so, it's still not fixed.)
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:33 PM   #61
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatbass View Post
I think the fact that there is a lot more to do in California and Hawaii may have something to do with it too.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:41 PM   #62
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Exactly.

While we are on this subject, I have never understood how they can justify charging a toll on an interstate highway.

Federal Tax money is already being used for that road!

Isn't that "double taxation?"

If I remember correctly, the Kansas Turnpike was supposed to quit charging in 1960 once it was paid for and was eventually turned over to a private entity? I could be wrong, maybe Illinois went private.
Again-government. I have always been upset and things like paying taxes on a used car purchase or KS-and the personal property licensing "tax" on cars.

I have never seen a tax go away.

Minnesota does not have toll roads but they are looking at changing that in the future.

Quote:
In one scenario, the state could raise as little as $204 million from Hwy. 610 to as much as $2.7 billion on I-94 in the metro area to reinvest in roads over a 30-year period. That’s assuming a toll rate of 7 cents a mile, and includes costs to implement the system, road maintenance and an adjustment for inflation.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:47 PM   #63
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Again-government. I have always been upset and things like paying taxes on a used car purchase or KS-and the personal property licensing "tax" on cars.

I have never seen a tax go away.

Minnesota does not have toll roads but they are looking at changing that in the future.
Yeah Missouri has been flirting with making I-70 a toll KC to SL dont know how they could accomplish it. I just hope they dont find a way.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #64
The 23rd Pillar

Toll roads usually seem better maintained to me.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:42 PM   #65
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Toll roads usually seem better maintained to me.
Not 44 north coming up from Texas. I only new that it became a toll road after my car started handling like it was on shit terrain. I thought that maybe I missed and exit so I started paying closer attention and the next sign that I noticed let me aware that I was on the toll. It was a few years ago,and maybe it's been tended to, but I was still surprised at that
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:14 PM   #66
Fight, build, win!

The miles a DOT vs a Turnpike Authority has to maintain is night and day. Most turnpikes are rarely over 40 miles it seems. The exceptions being Governor Thomas E. Dewey Thruway in NY State and Florida Turnpike at 300 miles. There maybe more but they dont come close to DOTs.

Most highways have a expectancy of 30 years before a complete rehab stripping up old pavement and reworking sub-grade and relaying. That can be extended some by co-milling and overstatement. Seems turnpikes dont mind pissing off travelers and keep a pretty good schedule of replacement. That our roads and bridges are neglected as badly as they have been with volume of cars and trucks out there. Dont even go into how weight limits have been increased. Its amazing how well maintenance methods have kept them as safe and drive able as they are.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:18 PM   #67
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by banecat View Post
Not 44 north coming up from Texas. I only new that it became a toll road after my car started handling like it was on shit terrain. I thought that maybe I missed and exit so I started paying closer attention and the next sign that I noticed let me aware that I was on the toll. It was a few years ago,and maybe it's been tended to, but I was still surprised at that
Indian Nation and Will Rogers are both brutal if you have a stiff suspension.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #68
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Yeah Missouri has been flirting with making I-70 a toll KC to SL dont know how they could accomplish it. I just hope they dont find a way.
I also think the cost to install/convert to a toll road become more of a hinderance.

Complaints here are:
It would be a burden on the low income.
Just increase the gas tax.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Indian Nation and Will Rogers are both brutal if you have a stiff suspension.
Will Rogers sound like that was it
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.