Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2018, 02:41 PM  
Supporter

***Official CFL 2018 Thread***

Ok, so i am flipping channels last night and see that it's opening night of the CFL. It wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but other than the multiple lightning delays, it was mildly entertaining. And...there were some familiar names such as Weston Dressler and Justin Medlock.

Anyway...got me to thinking that i have never seen a thread dedicated to CFL...so we should have one. I am betting most won't care...and after finding out the games are on ESPN2, probably even less will care...but here it is anyway, eh.

alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:47 PM   #46
MVP

Johhny Football to start this Friday vs. his old team!
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:58 AM   #47
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
Johhny Football to start this Friday vs. his old team!
Johnny Manziel says he feels ‘very blessed’ to get first CFL start for Alouettes

Johnny Manziel will take a major step in his attempt at career revitalization Friday night, when he will start for the Montreal Alouettes at home against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. It will be his first appearance in a professional football game since December 2015, when he took his final snaps for the Cleveland Browns before the NFL franchise cut him months later after numerous off-field incidents.

“It’s good to be back in here,” Manziel told reporters Tuesday. “I felt like the thing I’ve been missing, even over the course of this year and a couple years, is reps. And as you guys have seen the last couple days, a chance to get with the 1s and get some reps is what I feel like I really need and what I’ve talked to a lot of people about.

“So I feel very blessed to be in this position, to be back in a situation where I’m starting again. It’s good. It’s a quick turnaround. But at the same time, I’m excited for the opportunity.”

The Alouettes acquired Manziel from the Tiger-Cats in a trade on July 22. Hamilton had signed the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner to a two-year contract in May but traded him after incumbent quarterback Jeremiah Masoli got off to a strong start to the CFL season. It quickly became apparent that Montreal Coach Mike Sherman intended to get Manziel onto the field as quickly as possible, with his team struggling to a 1-5 start.

“We didn’t trade for Johnny to have him sit on the bench. Obviously he’s come here to get reps; to become the best player he can become. We started that process today,” Sherman said Monday, per the Montreal Gazette, about whether Manziel would replace incumbent starter Vernon Adams Jr. “You’ve all probably figured it out yourselves. At the same time, when you have two players [fairly equal], you probably wait until game time to make that announcement. It doesn’t make sense to do it any sooner.”

Montreal has burned through four quarterbacks already this season, with Drew Willy, Matt Shiltz and Jeff Mathews all getting injured — the Alouettes’ offensive line has allowed 23 sacks through six games — and Adams mostly ineffective in Thursday night’s 44-23 home loss to the Edmonton Eskimos. During the game, fans chanted “Johnny! Johnny! Johnny!” and “We want Johnny!” Some of them already had purchased Manziel jerseys.

On Monday, the day Manziel began taking first-team snaps in practice, Adams expressed his extreme displeasure with that reaction.

“Yes, it hurt me to hear that. I have nothing more to say or to give to the supporters of Montreal. Never again,” Adams told La Presse, per TSN’s translation. “Their behavior was very disrespectful. It was not like I was playing badly. I do not want them to ask me for anything, not even a small piece of equipment.”

“I do not care what the situation is. It was a lack of respect and it affected me,” Adams continued. “I tried anyways to make plays on the field. But that’s fine. In the future, I’ll treat the fans as they treated me. That’s all.”

Adams’s frustration may stem from the fact that Manziel is about to cost him his second CFL job. The Tiger-Cats released Adams in June, ostensibly because they had signed Manziel to a two-year contract. Adams then signed with the Alouettes as a free agent, only to watch the team trade for Manziel. But before Thursday night’s game, he seemed to accept the fact that he would soon become the team’s backup, offering up much more measured comments than the “never again” diatribe he delivered after the loss.

“Everybody knows Johnny didn’t come here to sit. They didn’t pay him just to sit. I understand he’s coming here to play,” Adams said. “As of right now, the Alouettes are [1-5]. I’m worried about winning a game. I’m not worried about what Johnny’s doing.

“Coach gave me the start. I’m going to come out here, do my best, lead this team, be efficient on second down and just have fun. When I have fun, I play my best.”

Manziel, who was not made available to reporters, apparently still has some work to do to get up to speed, though he said he was “getting there”:

“I think there’s some good things; there’s some good flashes,” he said. “Football’s a game of inches and little things and little mishaps that can make a play go awry. So we’re just trying to clean up the little detail things that I think we’re missing here that we’ll get on top of and hopefully be able to go out and perform. But I’m still learning it as we go, and I feel fortunate enough to be going against a defense that I’ve seen more than any other defense since I’ve been in the CFL.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6666333cfd93
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:08 AM   #48
MVP

I was at ARROWHEAD for one of Johnny Footballs last games in the NFL. He almost led the BROWNS to a comeback win and was driving downfield in a hurry up offense. I remember him throwing his helmet to the ground as time ran out. Ill be watching Friday night to see how he plays.
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:30 AM   #49
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
.... Ill be watching Friday night to see how he plays.
Assuming life doesn't get in the way.....i'll be watching as well.

I have enjoyed the CFL over the last few weeks, but with the season approaching, my interest will quickly dwindle. Maybe this will help keep my attention for a bit.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:51 AM   #50
MVP

Johhny Football returns! TONIGHT!
Old 08-03-2018, 05:51 PM   #51
In Search of a Life

Manziel picked on first pass attempt
chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:14 PM   #52
Supporter

Forgot this was on....its 28-0 already. Wow.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:48 PM   #53
In Search of a Life

4 interceptions in the first half for Manziel
chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:23 PM   #54
MVP

I forgot to DVR the game. Haha
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:58 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs1111 View Post
give him time
Old 08-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #56
Stay down bitch!

Quote:
One of them was tipped. The other three were really bad throws.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #57
Veteran

Quote:
Remember how some folks wanted to use our first round pick on this guy? What a disaster.
FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:02 PM   #58
Thank you

Manziel's first Canadian touchdown!

carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:58 PM   #59
Supporter

Bump for 2019. ESPN2 at 8CT

Montreal at Edmonton