Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-31-2017, 10:56 AM  
Be Kind To Your Pets

Ten Things About Last Night's Game Week 8: KC 29 Donks 19

Ten Things about Last Night’s Game Week 8: KC 29 Donks 19

10. Yesterday afternoon I left the Round Shiny Object Factory where I work in Overland Park around 2:30, stuck my nose in the house back in glorious Independence to get my tickets and tailgate stuff; then met up over on 40 Highway with my pal Gary to head into Arrowhead. Mrs. Blowfish couldn’t go this week, so Gary was my wing man. Got a text message from Stevie Ray (First Down Elvis) that the wind was stiff and brutal in the parking lot, and he was right. Way too cold to enjoy an outdoor tailgate. So it was bourbon and heated car seats in my Blowfish Lesbo-Mobile, and listened to Keitzman interview Gunther Cunningham. Did you know Gunther never lost to Denver as our head coach? After drinking bourbon for the better part of three hours, I was ready to get my parka on and kick some Orange Denver Ass. One thing I’ll say for the Arrowhead security people: They’re doing a much better job getting people into the stadium quickly. They seem to be better equipped, and the security checkpoint is much more efficient than years past.

9. This game came down to the law firm of Kelce, Peters and Buttkicker. They were the three guys who made the difference. We’ll get into them individually, but these three players, plus Donk Turnovers, was the difference in the game. Everything else was dead even or close to it on the stat sheet. Both teams had 14 offensive drives. Denver won first downs 23 to 16. Chiefs won passing yards 202 to 198. Denver had more total yards from scrimmage 364 to 276. TOP was almost even, Donks 31 minutes to Chiefs 29 minutes. Both teams had seven penalties. The game may have appeared close, but KC’s fast start in the first quarter forced the Donks to play catch up all night. If Denver was smart, they would have just run Anderson on first down, Anderson on second down, slant to Thomas on third down, repeat-repeat-repeat; and they would have scored four or five TDs. I also thought the Chiefs should have gone all Derek Carr on the Donks and thrown the ball to Kelce 20 times. They had no way to stop him like the Chiefs couldn’t stop Cooper last week.

8. Andy’s offensive play calling was frustrating in the second half as they seemed to run the same series over and over. I think the offense went three and out their first three or four series after halftime. It took going back to Kelce to break the offensive funk. Buttkicker was five for five, including hitting a 51 yarder in a swirling wind. He was good for 17 of the points by his lonesome. His kickoffs were very good on a cold night. Just a fabulous job.

7. Kelce has a great night, 7 catches for 133 and a TD. He seems to get extra motivated against Denver. His first catch over the middle looked like vintage Tony Gonzalez. He was as open as a guy can get for his TD pass, and he didn’t get into any extra-curricular BS. Kelce is also an excellent downfield blocker. He was getting after guys downfield. And he’s shown the ability to play when dinged up. Right before the two minute warning before halftime, he rolled an ankle. Basically walked it off and came back and played an effective second half. He was the crux of the offense all night, so having him back to finish the game was big. Kudos to Kelce for an all-pro performance in an important game.

6. The Peters Givith, and the Peters Taketh Away…twice. Peters game showed why it's worth putting up with his baggage. His fumble strip on Charles for a TD was the ultimate in Karma Is A Bitch payback for the last time we lost to the Donks in Arrowhead. Getting flagged for dunking the ball over the goalpost seems petty and over officious -especially since Tony G did it for years here- but rules are rules. Peters pick helped the Chiefs put the pressure on the Donks to play catch up. After that Peters side of the field was shut down to traffic for most of the night. Kudos to Peters for an all-pro performance in an important game.

5. For the Alexsexuals: Alex did not have his best of nights, but he did have some terrific key plays. The pass to Kelce for the TD was on the money. So was a pass to Tyreek Hill with Talib draped all over him. Harris of the Stone Hands People should have had a TD that hit him literally right in the mitts. Which reminds me: Should all our receivers wear yellow mitts like Kelce? Would that help Alex see their hands when he throws? Alex had a gutsy 14-yard scramble to pick up a first down and was only sacked once. When sacked, he did fumble. That was the first Chiefs lost fumble since Kareem Hunt’s first NFL carry vs. New England. Tyreek’s crazy option pass is the first pick the Chiefs have thrown this season. So Hill has more picks than Alex. The troubling stat is Alex was zip for three in the red zone. That has to improve, especially come playoff time. Except for the offensive malaise starting the second half, Alex and the offense did a decent job and burned enough time in the fourth quarter stretch to seal the deal this time. I’m not concerned about K-Hunt’s yardage. He only averaged a little over two yards per carry, but Denver came in as the number two NFL defense against the run. Plus, K-Hunt is a rookie, so he may be hitting the rookie wall eight games into the season. He’ll get his second wind and be fine. Nice to have West back for pass protection as well.

4. Speaking of returning players, it was great to have Mitch Morse back at Center. When the Canadian Doc gets back from his knee injury next week, we should have our basic line back intact for Dallas. Von Miller had three tackles and no sacks, so the Schwartz was with us. Mitchell Schwartz has been an unsung hero on the line. He’s got the longest start streak in the NFL without injury, and he’s a reliable guy. Fisher has more penalties and gets beat more often. Kudos to the Schwartz. Kansas City Star game pictures are here: http://www.kansascity.com/latest-new...181821861.html

3. Semen is freaking awful. It’s such a great thing that the Donks don’t have a Horse Face or Five Head at QB, which makes them mortal. All three of his picks -especially the last one to Acker- were God Awful choices. I’ll bet Denver goes after Cousins next year. They can’t continue with this guy as their QB. If you look at the Denver Post sports page this AM, they’re blaming everybody for the losing, including Horse Face himself. That makes me all warm and gooey inside.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/denver-broncos/

2. Andy has some Wile E. Coyote in him. That option pass from Hill I’m sure has been talked to death here on the CP. But the truth is, Hill should have either tucked it and ran it, or threw it high and deep where our guy catches it or nobody catches it. If we get a field goal that’s more pressure on Denver to play catch up. Instead, it swung the momentum for a good part of the first half back to Denver and kept them in the game. Murray had another rough night. Right out of the gate he has a block in the back penalty to call back a monster punt return by Hill. Then he gets beat for Denver’s last TD by Darby; although in fairness, why Sutton has Murray covering a tight end who’s five inches taller and 40 pounds heavier is hard to figure. Ron Parker had the most tackles and one pick. It’s never good when your safety has the most tackles. Sorensen leads the whole team in tackles for the season thus far. That means we’re tackling guys downfield after giving up a lot of yards. There’s always reasons to worry, but anytime we beat the Donks, it’s a very good day.

1. So the Chiefs have a three game lead in the division, and the only winning record in the entire AFC West. Zeke looks like he'll be under suspension, so that means we have to stop Dak, Dez and Witten. Kansas City is 1-4 playing the Cowboys in Dallas. The last time we won there was 40 years ago. So we’re due. I think it might be a lot like the Houston Texan game, except Dallas’ offensive line is better, and their defense is worse. Can’t wait for Sunday, we're rollin' baby!

Bonus Thing: I caught a glove from Derrick Johnson after the game. It was sweaty, but it smelled like……victory!

Last edited by gblowfish; 10-31-2017 at 12:21 PM..
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #46
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
You bring back the celebrations but the crossbar is a sacred object that shall not be touched! But Leveon Bell can use the base as a punching bag... makes zero sense. I don't know about everyone else that was at the game, but I didn't hear what the penalty was about with the crowd booing it so much until I got home that night and watched highlights on YouTube.
Yeah, I couldn't hear over the crowd. On the radio they said its a penalty because they don't want the goalposts to move. I didn't realize that they were so loose that they could be moved by someone touching/hitting/bumping/etc.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #47
Supporter

I don't know if anyone else at the game noticed but our defense was out there hugging Jamal Charles during the timeout right before the first offensive series. Not sure how I feel about that. I mean, yeah, loved Jamal and everything he gave when he was a Chief. But he went to our biggest rival and then talked some crap to the media.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:56 AM   #48
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
You bring back the celebrations but the crossbar is a sacred object that shall not be touched! But Leveon Bell can use the base as a punching bag... makes zero sense.
Bell got a for doing that.

EDIT: and a fine.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:20 AM   #49
Unsparing

Good stuff, George. Those Denver Post links are FUN readin'. That side-armed, sideline bomb that Semen got picked on is the kind of pass that Mahomes can actually complete.
Good god Denver sucks ass.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #50
MVP

Great read George, maybe the best I have read, keep em coming.

I didn't see Houston getting any love and I think he deserves some too.

Buttkicker.com must be selling jerseys like no kicker in recent past.

I am going to get on my soapbox and look at the offense, why the **** is the offense not scoring 3- 4 TD's a game? I am disappointed with 5 FGs and one TD. That's not even close with just 1 this week.

FYI Hunt Hill has the worst passer rating in the NFL, Poe is laughing his ass off, his career is 118 and a TD! You have to love Andy...

I do have a suggestion for Diggity. He should give a "stepped in my poop" award. Who would you say earned it this week.

Congrats on the glove, where are you keeping it? With the panties you've caught over the years?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #51
Thank you

Use the sweat from DJ's glove to clone a fresh young DJ
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #52
Mahomes Dynasty

Had Smith hit Hill and Robinson those couple times, and Harris doesnt drop that td pass, Smiths numbers look a lot better.

Cant win by kicking FGs though, need to punch it into the endzone. If that was a good team that can score Chiefs wouldve lost that game.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #53
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Great read George, maybe the best I have read, keep em coming.
Congrats on the glove, where are you keeping it? With the panties you've caught over the years?
Right now it's topping the tree in my office.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glovetree2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	115383  
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #54
MVP

I attended the game and was surprised by:

1) How many empty seats were at Arrowhead
2) The number of Donkey Fans.

It just seemed like a really low energy game for a Monday Night showdown.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
I attended the game and was surprised by:

1) How many empty seats were at Arrowhead
2) The number of Donkey Fans.

It just seemed like a really low energy game for a Monday Night showdown.
It's hip to boycott the NFL but I think there was 5K seats unsold...
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #56
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I don't know if anyone else at the game noticed but our defense was out there hugging Jamal Charles during the timeout right before the first offensive series. Not sure how I feel about that. I mean, yeah, loved Jamal and everything he gave when he was a Chief. But he went to our biggest rival and then talked some crap to the media.
Players don't hate each other like the old days. Too much money involved now.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #57
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
It's hip to boycott the NFL but I think there was 5K seats unsold...
Not as many Donk fans travel when their team sucks.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #58
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Players don't hate each other like the old days. Too much money involved now.
Free agency as well, they figure they might be playing for the other team one day soon
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #59
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

great write up as always. and i actually mentioned something in the gameday chat about the yellow gloves. can't hurt production, that's for sure.
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #60
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletech94 View Post
great write up as always. and i actually mentioned something in the gameday chat about the yellow gloves. can't hurt production, that's for sure.
There is something about those gloves that I believe can be helpful, even moreso for the receiver than the QB

Reach out to snatch a ball, and the target is already lit up for you in neon... seems like it could somehow increase their focus
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.