Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-30-2024, 10:24 AM  
Politically Incorrect

Macular Pucker in my right eye and it sucks

Earlier this year I had a check up at the ophthalmologist to check on my retinal detachments and the latest with my eyes.

Had a right eye detachment in June 2002 and left eye two tears in May 2004.

I have terrible vision my whole life to add the rest of my ailments.

I was diagnosed with a macular pucker in my right eye. It has suddenly gotten worse to where reading sentences is wavy, distorted to small sections and looks to be moving. The only solution is a vitrectomy, where they cut open your eyeball and remove the scar tissue and floaters to hopefully correct your vision. It's a dangerous and can be very painful operation.

Has anyone here had/have one and what should I expect as time progresses?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:06 AM   #16
MVP

Cut into your eye you say? No ****ing thanks. Sorry to hear about this shit. I'd go mad.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #17
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzman555 View Post
I mean, at least it's not a macular pucker in your brown eye....
Or a muscular pecker….
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #18
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Vitrectomies have some heavier than normal risk. Gotten much better and I won't take the surgery unless I'm put under. Some surgeons do it under local and there is no damn way I am doing that. My brother had two retinal detachments and the second one they did while he was awake and said it was painful as ****.

Full recovery is 2-3.

If I close my right eye no issues.

My maternal grandmother had a ton of eye issues and so do my brother, sister and I.

It is brutal and scary.
Just do it under local, pussy.

My first one they put me under completely and it was overkill. Recovery sucks but you gotta get it fixed.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM   #19
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod View Post
Just do it under local, pussy.

My first one they put me under completely and it was overkill. Recovery sucks but you gotta get it fixed.
Listen to Coach here. He knows what he is talking about!

"Don't be be a puss and do it". Seems like words your buddies would say to you when you were younger and then whatever you did was in retrospect a bad idea.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM   #20
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Listen to Coach here. He knows what he is talking about!

"Don't be be a puss and do it". Seems like words your buddies would say to you when you were younger and then whatever you did was in retrospect a bad idea.
I’ve had 4 eye procedures under local, thanks.

It’s not as bad as Captain Boomer is making it out to be.

Probs has a low pain/discomfort tolerance.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #21
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:

That's good encouragement for his perspective. Scho you hear that....Don't be a puss.

The problem Scho might have after surgery is the hookers will look a bit uglier due to your improved eyesight.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #22
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
That's good encouragement for his perspective. Scho you hear that....Don't be a puss.

The problem Scho might have after surgery is the hookers will look a bit uglier due to your improved eyesight.
I don't care how they look, I care how the FEEL!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM   #23
Politically Incorrect

Quote:

I've had 7-8 major gout attacks and 20 minor ones, I had pancreatitis for 36 hours and thought I was going to die the pain was so bad, I had a root canal without novacaine and all my cavities since mid 20's filled with no novocaine, I went 10 days with a massive blood clot in my left leg and then spent 5 days on my back in the ICU, I've had two retinal detachments surgeries and the ****ing awful laser follow up, I had an elbow operation last year for ulnar nerve entrapment.

I have never taken a pain killer in my life.

My pain tolerance is about as high as you will get. You youngsters cry when you get a bad grade in college or someone calls you the wrong pronoun.
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #24
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
You youngsters cry when you get a bad grade in college or someone calls you the wrong pronoun.
You might be right. I used to get disappointed when past girlfriends would get all hesitant once my one eye started spitting everywhere.