Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 01:47 PM  
The Guy With The Goats

Why are purchased/sold autographs so sought after?

I gotta think we have a few people in house that are autograph hounds or have a bunch of memorabilia that is autographed. Figured this would be a good place to ask...

why? I'm not asking in a judgmental looking down sort of way. People have their hobbies.

My brother gave me a mini helmet autographed by Jamaal Charles with a COA that sits on my desk which inspired the question. I derive greater value in the fact that my brother thought of me and spent his money to give it to me over the fact Jamaal Charles signed it and someone printed a "yup... he signed it" certificate. He knew Charles was my favorite player at the time and even he assigned additional value to the item because Charles had signed it.

I've never really understood the appeal of ones that are purchased. Like... I think about the time I got Okoye's autograph as a kid and it is a great memory but I was physically there. I then put the card in a plastic hard case and gave it to my buddy. Double great memory.

Jumping online and ordering one, to me, just doesn't have that same effect.

---

What is it about autographs that you buy online or at a local shop that makes you want them and spend money on them?

TIA
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #16
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy View Post
Where can I get my Pokemon cards signed
If you ever find out lemme know. I wanna spend time with Jesse… asking questions.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.