Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #39
Ain't no relax!

Finally had a chance to see this. Super funny. The plot definitely wasn't very strong. But man, the nostalgia and fan service was off the charts.

Wasn't really wild about Cassandra Nova as the main baddie. Comic version was a total ruthless bitch who would have never done anything compassionate in the slightest. If I'm remembering correctly, the only way they actually defeated her in the comics is when they gave her some kind of virus or something that actually forced her to feel empathy for others. Because she was otherwise incapable. She's basically the Magus of Xavier.

But the cameos. Wow, the cameos....

I laughed so much. ****ing Hugh Jackman nailed the part so much that I really hope they do keep him around until he's 90. The guy just chews up the Wolverine character. The grin when he's shitfaced, and Deadpool puts the gun to his head was just so classic unkillable Logan. So many tiny details that they just absolutely nailed.

The comic accurate 5'3" Logan scene... As a short dude, that one hit.

Finally seeing the cowl...

Channing Tatum was OK as Gambit. Finally got to show off his awesome powers, but I still felt that it was a bit slightly off compared to what I've always anticipated the character through the comics. Maybe that's my fault.

Reynolds really nailed the Deadpool character throughout the trilogy though. He's just perfectly quirky for it.

Hopefully we'll see them both in future movies...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.