Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2022, 01:11 PM  
I'll be back.

House of the Dragon

OH YEAH!

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #751
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
The "wtf where are the scorpions?" thing is an unfortunate side effect of "writers typically suck at scale & numbers" thing.

For Westerosis to plausibly forget a usable dragon countermeasure would need about another 100 years of history to elapse between Danaerys crossing the sea and the death of the last dragon in King's Landing.
In fairness, i think it's about 80 years. There's a pretty big gap in time between this period and Dany.

I think the biggest issue is still that even if you don't use 'em on dragons, wouldn't you use them on ships? Blast that sucker into the side of a ship's hull and that's ballgame. Or as an anti-siege weapon? I mean any offensive against a walled city is going to have siege towers, no? Stick a scorpion bolt through the legs of one of those things and watch it come tumbling down.

Dragons or no dragons, I feel like the scorpion wouldn't go completely extinct. I mean think about the massive deck guns on the USS Missouri and other Iowa class battleships. No, we have no real use for them anymore, but during Desert Storm we kinda did - we started using them due to their range and punching power to soften shore targets before amphibious landings (IIRC).

We don't ever completely lose the utility of any specialized weapon. At worst, we simply re-purpose it. Or adapt it.

EDIT: Appears to be about 150 years. The Dance of Dragons is about 150AC, (little before that, but the last dragon dies around 150 AC) the War of the Five Kings is about 300 AC.

Last edited by DJ's left nut; Today at 02:57 PM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:26 PM   #752
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Setting up bastards and married off cousins to ride dragons. I assume this is the start of the dragons downfall. This could open up dragons with loyalty to their own houses. Is this where dragons start killing off all dragons until there are none left?

Also come on there has to be a wild dragon somewhere in the wild right? They came from the wild. Surely not every single wild dragon was tamed. I assume they stole a clutch of eggs to start. Surely the mothers of those dragons had more.
One of the most famous dragons in this story is called The Cannibal and it is a wild dragon.

And, I guess Bran sees visions of dragons in Asshai in A Game of Thrones. Now that we know the nature of his visions, it’s possible that he was seeing into the past, though.

Idk, in GoT, the maesters making the wildfire talk about how much more successful they had been recently at creating it, claiming that the dragons being back in the world increased the magic. So I sort of like to assume there were none living until Daenerys’ three hatched.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.