Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2024, 07:57 AM  

Nate Taylor: Chiefs plan to extend Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith before season begins

Quote:
Throughout the next month — before the season opener Sept. 5 against the Baltimore Ravens — the Chiefs will attempt to sign Humphrey and Smith to lucrative contract extensions, a feat that Veach has yet to achieve this time of the year in the previous six seasons during his tenure.

“Your hope is that everybody gets paid,” Mahomes said. “I tell Veach all the time: ‘You draft too well.’ It’s a good problem to have. I’m excited for those guys and it all gets handled in the right way. The hope is to keep this core together. I’ll have that flexibility in my contract to help get them some money as much as possible.”

Along with Humphrey and Smith, the Chiefs also want to sign linebacker Nick Bolton (entering the last year of his rookie contract) and kicker Harrison Butker (entering the final year of his contract) to multiyear extensions.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:30 PM   #106
Choco Favre

Would rather have Bolton than Trey Smith.

MLB like Bolton are rare.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:28 PM   #107
Starter

I'd have the reverse, respectfully. Protecting the probable most talented QB in history from injury is more important than MLB, even with how good Bolton is.
IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.IrsaysLiver must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 04:33 PM   #108
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Would rather have Bolton than Trey Smith.

MLB like Bolton are rare.
I almost certainly wouldn't pay either at their respective figures.

The Karlaftis/McDuffie off-season is gonna be tooooooouuuuugh. And at premium positions, no less.

Time to build that buffer.

If I had to pick one, I'd take Bolton because ultimately I trust Reid's ability to coach up OL more than I trust my ability to wipe my own ass. That guy can coach the **** out of lineman and he can scheme around warts with the best of them.

I'll take Bolton and bank on Reid's coaching/schematic wizardy to paper over the loss of Smith. Especially when we've demonstrated an ability to get a lot of value out of 2nd and 3rd day IOL. Hell, we've won championships with starters off waivers. We got Andrew Wylie paid when he was on his way out of the league before he got here.

I like Smith a lot. I love his attitude and his drive. But I don't even think I'd be stoked to get him on a home-town discount (lets say around $18 million). We're just gonna need that money for Trent and GK...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.