Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:03 AM   #40831
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I get that they vote in November, but then Lamar shouldn't have been ranked ahead of Mahomes. At the end of November Lamar would have played 12 games and in those 12 games these were his stats.

2618 yds - 13 TDs - 5 INTs - 574 rushing yds - 5 TDs - 6 fumble lost

That's complete trash tbh. He had 1060 passing yds - 11 TDs - 2 ints - 247 rushing yds - 0 fumble lost in his final 4 games of the season.

The they voted early excuse doesn't really do it for me. McCaffrey also being ahead of him doesn't make any sense if they vote in Nov, because he only avg 85 yards per game and 4.9 ypc through the end of Nov and then his last 5 games he kicked it into high gear with 104 ypg and 6.6 ypc.

2/3 people that were voted as better than Mahomes didn't really ramp up until after the voting was over.

Also I don't even know what criteria they are supposed to follow. Since 2012 there has been 35 players that have played in 8 or less games, but ranked in the top 20. Hell weve had players ranked in the top 5 that barely played.

2011 - P. Manning - #2 - 0 games
2012 - D. Revis - #5 - 2 games
2014 - A. Peterson - #4 - 1 game
2015 - J J. Watt - #3 - 3 games
2015 - A. Peterson - #5 - 3 games
2018 - L. Bell - #5 - 0 games
2020 - M. Thomas - #5 - started only 5 games
2020 - C. McCaffrey - #6 - 3 games
2020 - G. Kittle - #7 - 8 games
2021 - D. Henry - #4 - 8 games

I have added those 2 extra from 2020 just for context. Somehow Kittle was ranked #7 with 634 yds 2 TDs and was ranked higher than Kelce (#18) who had 1416 yds and 11 TDs that year. Kelce also ranked higher than him in 2019 #21 vs #29. Kelce had 1229 yds and 5 TDs vs 1053 yds and 5 TDs from Kittle.

How in the hell can anyone justify Kittle jumping from outside the top 25 all the way to #7 and leap frogging Kelce who had just broke the single season receiving yards record and Kittle couldn't make past half the season?

All this really does is prove how incredibly stupid, biased, and jealous the players are and how completely ****ing pointless these rankings are. It's legitimately a complete waste of time and there doesn't seem to be any criteria to how they are voting. They need to figure out a completely different way to do these rankings.
Why on earth do they vote in November for something that doesn’t even get announced until the following July? Makes no sense at all.

I still think MVP awards should be a whole season award not just regular season and ignoring the most important part of the season.
Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:31 AM   #40832
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayneplane View Post
Why on earth do they vote in November for something that doesn’t even get announced until the following July? Makes no sense at all.

I still think MVP awards should be a whole season award not just regular season and ignoring the most important part of the season.
I misspoke. It’s voted on between Thanksgiving and New Year’s so doesn’t include the playoffs. And I imagine it’s done then because that’s when they can get the best player engagement.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:33 AM   #40833
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayneplane View Post
I think though that all the drops and tip on interceptions dragged him down and made him gun shy from throwing to many viable targets and made him doubt his own decision making as well. When down to down efficiency is a big struggle it hurts the rhythm and the trust in the play calling.
Totally agree. This is 100pct what happened. My money would be on his being 1 on this list next year because I think they’ve corrected the problem, not because I think he’s going to use being 4 on this list as extra motivation.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:43 AM   #40834
Veteran

You don't know PMII very well then. He'll be #1 on the list next year and when they hoist the Lombardi he'll say something about it. This will be taped on his locker door, bathroom mirror, and very well could be placed as a tramp stamp on Brittany just so he doesn't lose any motivation.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 07:42 AM   #40835
In Search of a Life

He…..didn’t have his normal self type of year?

I don’t get the outrage here.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #40836
Stay down bitch!

Quote:
I get that they vote in November, but then Lamar shouldn't have been ranked ahead of Mahomes. At the end of November Lamar would have played 12 games and in those 12 games these were his stats.

That's complete trash tbh. He had 1060 passing yds - 11 TDs - 2 ints - 247 rushing yds - 0 fumble lost in his final 4 games of the season.

The they voted early excuse doesn't really do it for me. McCaffrey also being ahead of him doesn't make any sense if they vote in Nov, because he only avg 85 yards per game and 4.9 ypc through the end of Nov and then his last 5 games he kicked it into high gear with 104 ypg and 6.6 ypc.

2/3 people that were voted as better than Mahomes didn't really ramp up until after the voting was over.

Also I don't even know what criteria they are supposed to follow. Since 2012 there has been 35 players that have played in 8 or less games, but ranked in the top 20. Hell weve had players ranked in the top 5 that barely played.

I have added those 2 extra from 2020 just for context. Somehow Kittle was ranked #7 with 634 yds 2 TDs and was ranked higher than Kelce (#18) who had 1416 yds and 11 TDs that year. Kelce also ranked higher than him in 2019 #21 vs #29. Kelce had 1229 yds and 5 TDs vs 1053 yds and 5 TDs from Kittle.

How in the hell can anyone justify Kittle jumping from outside the top 25 all the way to #7 and leap frogging Kelce who had just broke the single season receiving yards record and Kittle couldn't make past half the season?

All this really does is prove how incredibly stupid, biased, and jealous the players are and how completely ****ing pointless these rankings are. It's legitimately a complete waste of time and there doesn't seem to be any criteria to how they are voting. They need to figure out a completely different way to do these rankings.
Lamar at no point in his career has been better than Mahomes. This is a sizable number of players in the leagues resenting Mahomes for his success because he’s not black enough for them. You hear a lot of that coded language among analysts like Ryan Clark that Lamar represents the “culture” meaning they’ll be biased toward him no matter what.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 08:05 AM   #40837
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
He…..didn’t have his normal self type of year?

I don’t get the outrage here.
Yet it ended in a SB, dragging subpar WRs to the finish line.. The outrage is voting before the season plays out and the cream rises to the top..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:46 AM   #40838
sorta mod-ish

Obligatory

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:41 AM   #40839
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:

Here’s LameArm at 12 games

Mahomes

3127 yds - 22 TDs - 10 INTs - 331 rushing yds - 0 TDs - 0 fumbles lost
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:53 AM   #40840
MVP

Not one of us should be upset.

This is the best thing that could have happened with this stupid list.

Chiefs / Ravens just got LIT, Pat is never coming out of that game no matter how much we're up
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 11:14 AM   #40841
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Come back for the vet minimum in a couple years Reek. You know you want to
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.