Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2023, 09:51 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-29-2023 at 10:57 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #1081
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Again - when the playoffs came, we were giving Malik Herring reps over him.

I didn't expect him to beat Omenihu but I would've liked to have seen him nipping at Danna's heels by the end of the year.

And you DAMN sure don't want to see him behind complete JAGS like Malik Herring come the post-season of his rookie year.

There is cause for concern here. He could make it look absurd by week 2, but there's no sense in whistling past the graveyard either.
I think that was because of Felix’s struggles against the run, which showed up again on Saturday. Would also show why Danna is starting over him.

He may end up being a rusher for obvious passing downs. I’m fine with that if he excels at it
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #1082
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Does them resigning Danna give you pause about FAU or is that more to cover for Omenihu being out most of the year?
Yeah.

I mean, it doesn't say a ton, but it says something and it's not great. They didn't commit a ton but it IS 2 years and $15 million (with effectively a team option for $9 million on the back).

Not much, but certainly not nothin'.

Now the counter is pretty easy - Omenihu is probably gone into mid-October at least and he'll be a FA next season. So if FAU develops, ideally you still have someone like Danna as a rotational player this year and next anyway. And he wasn't SUPER expensive. Nor do we have anything at all on the way up that could act as that sort of inside/outside rotational DE behind Omenihu and Danna.

So ultimately you can find a home for Danna even if FAU breaks out.

But if we'd have seen a little more from FAU, I think they'd have probably moved on from Danna and maybe put a little draft capital at the position this past off-season.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #1083
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yeah.

I mean, it doesn't say a ton, but it says something and it's not great. They didn't commit a ton but it IS 2 years and $15 million (with effectively a team option for $9 million on the back).

Not much, but certainly not nothin'.

Now the counter is pretty easy - Omenihu is probably gone into mid-October at least and he'll be a FA next season. So if FAU develops, ideally you still have someone like Danna as a rotational player this year and next anyway. And he wasn't SUPER expensive. Nor do we have anything at all on the way up that could act as that sort of inside/outside rotational DE behind Omenihu and Danna.

So ultimately you can find a home for Danna even if FAU breaks out.

But if we'd have seen a little more from FAU, I think they'd have probably moved on from Danna and maybe put a little draft capital at the position this past off-season.
Need him to atleast be a solid player.

I'll not knock them too much for him. It was a smart positional pick with where we were. I might have taken a different player at the time, but positionally that's where I'd have probably went.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:55 PM   #1084
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Need him to atleast be a solid player.

I'll not knock them too much for him. It was a smart positional pick with where we were. I might have taken a different player at the time, but positionally that's where I'd have probably went.
Hell, I don't think I was that mad about the pick.

It was eminently defensible even if it doesn't work out.

But it's okay to wonder if it's gonna work out.

EDIT: Yup - was pretty damn measured on the pick.

Quote:
It's funny - you're the Felix Guy and I'll end up being seen as the anti-felix guy but I'll bet you and I see him almost identically as a player.

I think you see a little more burst than I do but still wouldn't consider him a 'twitchy' player. I think we both agree that he plays stronger than his size but he's not Foskey or White in terms of play strength.

He's a fairly chalky player. I don't think we got any sort of amazing value (I don't think you do either) but I think we took a solid guy who wouldn't have been available past 40 or so at a position where we want to keep layering talent.

It's...fine. B- outcome after it looked like A/A+ was on the table an hour previous to the the pick. It's neither brilliant nor stupid. It was a little more need based than I'd have expected as it's hard for me to believe that he graded higher in a vacuum than Porter or Branch, but they also clearly like him as a talent as they had him ahead of Foskey and White.

Ultimately I don't see much to be irritated or amazed by. It's just a fairly standard pick and ultimately development will determine how it ends up.

Which is rare for me. But 'standard' first round pick has about a 50/50 bust rate at best. And we're way back at the back. It's okay to wonder...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.