Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM  
Who's your daddy?

Chiefs sign defensive tackle to 53-man roster

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2024/...-53-man-roster

The Kansas City Chiefs made a minor roster move on Tuesday, just two days ahead of their season-opening game against the Baltimore Ravens.

We have signed Practice Squad player Marlon Tuipulotu to an active roster contract.

We have signed Eric Scott to the Practice Squad. pic.twitter.com/bjDQOLQQ4B

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) September 3, 2024
Per its official X account, Kansas City signed defensive tackle Marlon Tuipulotu to its active roster from the practice squad. The defensive tackle had been added to the practice squad over the weekend.

Tuipulotu, 25, first entered the league as a 2021 sixth-round pick by the Philadelphia Eagles. In three seasons and 28 appearances with the Eagles, the 6-foot-2, 307-pound defensive tackle registered 43 tackles (22 solo).

The Chiefs also brought cornerback Eric Scott back into the fold, signing him to their practice squad in the spot left vacant by Tuipulotu’s promotion. General manager Brett Veach put in a claim for Scott from the Dallas Cowboys at the 53-man roster deadline, only to waive him two days later.

Scott, 25, entered the NFL as a sixth-round selection in last year’s draft. The 6-foot-1 cornerback (with an 80 ⅛” wingspan) has the size Kansas City likes in defensive backs, and it remains to be seen if he gets the call-up at some point. It is worth noting that Scott is a native of Basehor, Kansas, and he played football at Basehor-Linwood High School prior to Southern Mississippi in college.
dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #16
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Dont disagree but they look particularly bad up the middle. Vorhees? Falalele? Wasn't Linderbaum nursing an injury. If we get some joy I'd imagine it'd be there.
If I'm Spags, both Williams AND Watson get a fair bit of run Thursday.

McDuffie would spend a lot of time in the slot to try to prevent quick-hitters (I figure they'll have Flowers in the slot a bit to free up his release and get him in short areas as quickly as possible). I'd have Danna/Karlaftis barely even trying to get upfield; just holding the edge and trying to keep Jackson in the pocket.

Then I have Jones feast with Wharton alongside him on passing downs and Pennell taking up most of the 1st/2nd down snaps to try to absorb as much contact from Henry as possible.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM   #17
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

McDuffie would spend a lot of time in the slot to try to prevent quick-hitters (I figure they'll have Flowers in the slot a bit to free up his release and get him in short areas as quickly as possible). I'd have Danna/Karlaftis barely even trying to get upfield; just holding the edge and trying to keep Jackson in the pocket.

Then I have Jones feast with Wharton alongside him on passing downs and Pennell taking up most of the 1st/2nd down snaps to try to absorb as much contact from Henry as possible.
Think we’re gonna see some snaps from Cam Thomas too. He’s built a lot like Karlaftis and can work well on stunts, run defense and holding the edge. Wouldn’t be shocked to see a few snaps from Herring too when the starters need a breather.

Boy am I already bracing myself for the inevitable Felix hate post game bc that guy might get 5 snaps max
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #18
MVP

He found a crow pecking at his dead dog Rusty's eye
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM   #19
Veteran

Quote:

I like the sound of all of this. Stop the run, take Flowers out if the equation, get them to obvious passing downs and flood their IOL with speed and power. Wouldn't hate Danna and Karlaftis swinging in for Turk on some of those passing downs.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 09:09 AM   #20
Spiraling down the Drain

Need more beef.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Think we’re gonna see some snaps from Cam Thomas too. He’s built a lot like Karlaftis and can work well on stunts, run defense and holding the edge. Wouldn’t be shocked to see a few snaps from Herring too when the starters need a breather.

Boy am I already bracing myself for the inevitable Felix hate post game bc that guy might get 5 snaps max
Oh god, I wouldn't even have FAU active.

Lets set aside for a moment whether or not I think he's worth a shit and just presume that he IS a capable NFL rotational player.

This team is a TERRIBLE matchup for him. About as bad as they come.

I just don't think he's even playable in this game. Maybe you dress him for a handful of 3rd and 7+ plays here and there where you push Danna inside for a NASCAR package, but I'd STILL be playing Cam Thomas on the other side of Karlaftis in that set.

I just don't see any utility in FAU against the Ravens.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:34 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I like the sound of all of this. Stop the run, take Flowers out if the equation, get them to obvious passing downs and flood their IOL with speed and power. Wouldn't hate Danna and Karlaftis swinging in for Turk on some of those passing downs.
Like I said in another thread - the wrinkle may just be that Baltimore simply uses power sets and tries to bully the ball up the chute.

Nnadi sucks and Jones is indifferent in run support for the most part.

You go out there with 22 personnel and Ricard at FB and just try to hammer the shit out of the interior, you might get some traction. Then you run some play fake and loft it on a deep post to Flowers hoping that you catch Reid still trying to knock the rust off or something.

I could see the Ravens just trying some old-school shit; ground and pound and deep play-action shots.
Old Today, 10:39 AM   #23
Veteran

Should try out Steele at NT! Or wait is he just a FB?
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #24
Starter

Quote:
Oh god, I wouldn't even have FAU active.

Lets set aside for a moment whether or not I think he's worth a shit and just presume that he IS a capable NFL rotational player.

This team is a TERRIBLE matchup for him. About as bad as they come.

I just don't think he's even playable in this game. Maybe you dress him for a handful of 3rd and 7+ plays here and there where you push Danna inside for a NASCAR package, but I'd STILL be playing Cam Thomas on the other side of Karlaftis in that set.

I just don't see any utility in FAU against the Ravens.
Definitely agree with his a poor match up being he struggles to set an edge.
It'd have to be the most obvious of obvious passing situations before he see's the field even then he likes to rush wide to the passer and gets washed out. Thats an absolute no no playing Lamar.
Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #25
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Probably a good move.

Not a ton to learn at DT and if you're in the wrong spot, Bolton will walk up and slap you in the ass to move you over or something.

We need to upgrade the NT pool in a big way, IMO. Still frustrates the hell out of me that we lost Coburn to keep Matt !@#$ing Dickerson on the roster last season.
Coburn sucks
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #26
MVP

Mentioned in the other thread when we signed him, but Eagles fans were sick that they cut him.

Looking forward to seeing what Cullen can do with him.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.