Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2024, 10:20 PM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

Best Memory at Kauffman

We love our Chiefs, and I think many here love the Royals.

Please tell your story…. What are your favorite Royals wins? What stories can you share about your time at TSC?

I have so many memories….

I was maybe 9 years old, and it was field day getting photos on the field…. My jackass older brother didn’t give me and my friend a ticket…. So we were lost on the concourse…. Willie ripped a triple in his first AB…. Little 9 year old me went to “fan accommodations”

My dad found me and my buddy Matt, and we went to our seats, and my dad scolded my older brother…

I was at the game when Bo got his first homer. I still have the scorecard.

I saw George’s last game at Kauffman, kissing the plate…

Was at the Astros game when we came back in game two with my best friends.

My mom took me to a game on my 21st birthday against the Mariners and Randy Johnson…. Went to Lawrence for drinks, went back to the airport area, slept for a couple hours, and went to Hawaii for a second 21st birthday with mom.

And this year, me and my buddy Keith saw the Royals win in the 9th…

I have so many more memories, but let’s talk!
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:58 AM   #61
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Let’s see, 1980 WORLD SERIES game 3. Royals blew a lead in game 1 and lost to (****ing) Bob Walk of all people. Up 4-0 when Amost Otis came to the plate and became the 16th player to homer in his 1WS AB. Then Aikens mashed. But Dennis Leonard kinda collapsed after hitting Pete Rose on the knee and gave up a 3 run HR to Bake McBride.

Game 2 had the lead 4-2 over Steve Carlton but Quiz blew that by giving up 4 in the 8th. So, down 0-2 coming home.

Game 3 was a beautiful night. The city was decorated and people all over were waiting for this game. GM Joe Burke, being a colossal asshole, decided to keep the team on the east coast instead of flying back to KC. You beat the ****ing Yankees on what still is the (IMO) the most iconic play in Royals playoff history and we don’t get to go meet the plane or see the players? **** that shit. They stayed on the coast and Brett ended up with the the most talked about case of hemorrhoids in the nation. Fuxk you, Joe Burke.

Anyway, Sat in LF. Game was tense throughout. Brett homers to right in the 1st. Phillies tie it in the 2nd. Royals scratch out a run in the 4th. Mike Schmidt homers to deeeeeep RF to tie it. (That MF’er).

Amos Otis mashes a ball to deep RCF for a solo shot and a 3-2 lead. Phillies tie it in the 8th on a Lonnie smith single. (That SOB -but I love him).

In the 10, Quiz is in a pickle and the entire stadium was nervous. 1st and 2nd, 1 out and Mike ****ing Schmidt at the plate.

Quiz delivers and Schmidt drills a sinking line drive that Frank White picks off the turf and steps on second for a double play. The entire stadium, and the surrounding states, breathe a collective sigh of relief before erupting in jubilation.

Bottom of the 10th, Willie Wilson draws a BB from Tug McGraw. And then the guy who very well could have been the MVP, Willie Mays Aikens, drives a ball into the LCF gap to score the game winner.

The first WS win in Royals history.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 06-18-2024, 10:36 AM   #62
Starter

Lots of good memories out at the stadium,

Grew up in Raytown, often at the last minute we would decide to go to the game and sit out in GA (seems like it was $2.50)

Worked out in the Parking Lot in 79 and 80, we would watch batting practice before the gates were opened, we then worked for a couple of hours before going back in to watch the rest of the games.

Gave the 1980 World Series tickets that were offered to me to my dad who was always a big Royals fan. I still have the hat he bought.

My first love's dad had good seats on the first base side, still think of her and those games.

Knew a ticket taker that let me and two friends in for Game 6, 1985, enjoyed free beer and an amazing comeback to even the I-70 series.
CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-18-2024, 11:58 AM   #63
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

I went to an 18 inning game back in the early 90s against the Rangers. The starting pitching was Saberhagen vs Nolan Ryan. The Royals finally won off of a fielding error after a shitty Kurt Stilwell bunt.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.