Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM  
Supporter

***** All things Fitness *****

2022 getting and staying fit thread!
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 02:18 PM   #646
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Strength is a neural response response. Although more muscle mass helps strength it is your nervous system being able to more efficiently fire the muscle to do the work requested of it.
Yup. Has to be all my years of jerk-off training then.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:20 PM   #647
MVP

Hamstring strength and stretches? When I'm short on time I'll skip either squats or lunges in favor of a seated squat press style machine. When I do I have a spot on my Hammy's about midway that's just irritated. Just on my right leg. I don't get it but I don't like it.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #648
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Yup. Has to be all my years of jerk-off training then.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:27 PM   #649
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Hamstring strength and stretches? When I'm short on time I'll skip either squats or lunges in favor of a seated squat press style machine. When I do I have a spot on my Hammy's about midway that's just irritated. Just on my right leg. I don't get it but I don't like it.
Dude ive been doing my leg day at the gym with the assorted press, raise and butterfly machines.

The other day though, i did leg day at home with just body weight training.

Calf raises, Wall Squats, lunges, squats, leg lifts etc.

**** me, im still sore. Those calf raises have my calves so sore that im walking funny. For days now....

I did 3 sets of 50 in 3 different toe directions. So what, 450 raises in total? Normal forward facing toes, pigeon toed and outward. I varied the speed too.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:34 PM   #650
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
my left arm is slightly weaker but also slightly bigger. go figure
I assume you are right handed so you left arm gets more benefit from the workouts than your right arm.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:58 PM   #651
MVP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Dude ive been doing my leg day at the gym with the assorted press, raise and butterfly machines.

The other day though, i did leg day at home with just body weight training.

Calf raises, Wall Squats, lunges, squats, leg lifts etc.

**** me, im still sore. Those calf raises have my calves so sore that im walking funny. For days now....

I did 3 sets of 50 in 3 different toe directions. So what, 450 raises in total? Normal forward facing toes, pigeon toed and outward. I varied the speed too.
I did a similar thing for plantar fasciitis recovery. They ****ing suck! What helps is do calf stretches against the wall in the straight/toe in/toe out then thigh on the wall/ foot flat on the floor extreme stretch. I do a minute each way.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 03:01 PM   #652
In Pat We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Blender and water? Sounds kind of nasty but I like to eat egg whites.
No blender, no water- just pour out of the carton into a glass and strain out the floaters with a fork.

Bob Evans pasteurized egg whites
el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #653
Supporter

Quote:
The hamstring activation on a squat is not as much as you think it is.

Best thing for hammys are curls, stiff legged deadlifts GHR's and nordics.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 03:38 PM   #654
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
If you had to choose either cardio or weight training then weight training would actually be better for longevity.
That really surprises me. I used to lift all the time and felt terribly unhealthy. Didn't really seem to do anything to my resting heartbeat and when I would go to try to run it wouldn't help me run any farther. I didn't really feel as good mentally either after I lift compared to after I run.

I was big into lifting when I was younger up but that really only helped me look good. I don't even care about looking good now. Just living longer. When I lift I eat alot of protein and food to try to build muscle and tax my organs.

What info can you advise to change my mind? My weight is not an issue at all. Id actually rather weigh 200 than 170 myself but it is what it is. I just want my heart to be healthy and to lower my cholesterol. My blood pressure has always been perfect though. I am naturally ectomorphic so I am a bit worried Ill lose too much weight by running. Im already down to 179 from 188.

Last edited by BWillie; Today at 03:50 PM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:02 PM   #655
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
That really surprises me. I used to lift all the time and felt terribly unhealthy. Didn't really seem to do anything to my resting heartbeat and when I would go to try to run it wouldn't help me run any farther. I didn't really feel as good mentally either after I lift compared to after I run.
Runners high is a legit phenomenon. As far as what you experienced lifting its hard to say why you felt what you felt without knowing the workouts performed and how you actually workout and eat.
Quote:
I was big into lifting when I was younger up but that really only helped me look good. I don't even care about looking good now. Just living longer. When I lift I eat alot of protein and food to try to build muscle and tax my organs.
Protein consumption should be the same wether lifting or not. 1.5-2 grams per lb of bodyweight. If bulking then 1.5-2 grams per lb of what you want to weigh.
Quote:
What info can you advise to change my mind? My weight is not an issue at all. Id actually rather weigh 200 than 170 myself but it is what it is. I just want my heart to be healthy and to lower my cholesterol. My blood pressure has always been perfect though.
Cholesterol is mostly genetic. Next factor after genetics is hormones.

My diet is 85% beef and rice. I consume about 2lbs of red meat per day. My bloods from just a couple of weeks ago my cholesterol was 168 and triglycerides only 72.

No cardio other than a 30 minute walk once or twice a day. Just a normal speed walk.

You might try out alternate types of strength training if you just don't enjoy the standard body building hypertrophy type of lifting.

Quote:
I am naturally ectomorphic so I am a bit worried Ill lose too much weight by running. Im already down to 179 from 188.
Add more long chain carbs into diet. Something as easy as a cup of rice with one of your high protein meals. Carbs are how you control weight gain/loss in food choices.