Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-26-2021, 07:42 AM  
Veteran

Something Uplifting for a change.

https://www.klkntv.com/sarasota-man-...gravel-worlds/

Kids with "exceptionalities" (learning , physical, emotional and mental disabilities) often are either held back or made to feel they just sometimes cant do what others can.
My nephew is the first autistic person to compete and finish Gravel Worlds.
This kid (he is around 11-13 mentally) is an extremely hard working young man and we couldnt be more proud.
Seeing the rest of those training with him really makes you take a step back for what simple things can bring so much joy.
One of them learned to ride a bike for the first time and it was like he won the lottery.
Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.
Old Today, 08:41 AM   #46
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I think that Scho's brother and his wife are less concerned about the money aspect and more about the personal/emotional well-being of their adult child once they have passed.

You can set up all the monetary needs that will take care of him/her, but finding a situation/group home that will provide the love and support needed is not always guaranteed.

Being the parents of a 32 y/o adult on the autism spectrum with much the same level of concerns my wife and I have grave concerns.

The problem is that there are resources available but those are maxxed out as they can be. Finding good group homes is not at all easy because they have long wait lists. And the ones that are available many times seem a bit sketchey.
Mind if I ask what state you live in? Since you mentioned waiting lists, and you are a Chiefs fan, do you live in KS or IA? Both of those states have long waiting lists for services: https://www.kff.org/medicaid/state-i...2:%22asc%22%7D
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:48 AM   #47
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
My brothers son has autism and he is a happy go lucky kid.

Sadly he has no social skills or awareness so he can't work, drive a car or do things others can.

He can take care of himself and cook and do most self sufficient tasks.

He is now in his mid 20's and my brother is fearful of what his life will be when he and his wife are no longer around.
He can work.

Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:09 AM   #48
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Mind if I ask what state you live in? Since you mentioned waiting lists, and you are a Chiefs fan, do you live in KS or IA? Both of those states have long waiting lists for services: https://www.kff.org/medicaid/state-i...2:%22asc%22%7D
Thanks for asking.....

I live in Florida which actually has great resources but there is so much demand here that a great deal of patience and dedication is required.

Unfortunately not every state has good resources for families. A couple of the states we have lived in (Missouri one of them) the options were not great or very limited.

I think we have a coming crisis for the ability to handle the large numbers of Autism Spectrum Adults that are aging out.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 10:19 AM   #49
On Hiatus

Quote:
He can work.

Not necessarily....there may be.other contributing factors that keep him from working a regular job.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 11:46 AM   #50
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Not necessarily....there may be.other contributing factors that keep him from working a regular job.
The belief that people with significant disabilities can't work being the primary contributing factor.
https://apse.org/

Old Today, 02:21 PM   #51
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

Quote:
He can work.

Man, it sure is dusty in here!!!!

Thank you for sharing. Absolutely amazing!!!
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:01 PM   #52
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Thanks for asking.....

I live in Florida which actually has great resources but there is so much demand here that a great deal of patience and dedication is required.

Unfortunately not every state has good resources for families. A couple of the states we have lived in (Missouri one of them) the options were not great or very limited.

I think we have a coming crisis for the ability to handle the large numbers of Autism Spectrum Adults that are aging out.
You might find the FL DD Council interesting, especially as a parent; they will have lots of resources available, and can point you in the direction of other resources in your state: https://www.fddc.org/
Old Today, 03:11 PM   #53
On Hiatus

Quote:
The belief that people with significant disabilities can't work being the primary contributing factor.
https://apse.org/

I am not saying they can't....I am just saying not in every circumstance. I have seen cases where it is just possible.