Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2024, 02:33 AM  
Veteran

How do you guys feel about eventually dying?

I have these random I guess you can call “episodes” where i have this almost out of body experience where i start saying to myself, you’re just you, you’re literally just you, and start thinking about how minuscule i am and then it eventually leads to how i am so fearful of dying one day. I understand I wasn’t around for the Korean War, or world war 2, or the Roman Empire, and that makes sense, since I simply wasnt existing, but now that I exist, the thought of me not existing, and quite frankly never being able to exist again terrifies me. I went to a religious school for a few years and went to church etc, but science tells me that my body make up is unique, and just being born is winning the lottery in its own right. As nice as it is to think my body protrudes this soul is going to rise up and say what up Jesus am I in? or my very unique dna that can profile me as a murderer is going to somehow leak out of my dead composing body, and makes its way into some other woman’s vagina to again try to fight off another 1 million other contestants (assuming dad didn’t jerk off that day) just really gets to me that I have this one chance and this limited, aka very limited time to live a good life. I have a good life mind you. Great wife, supportive family, 2 kids now, great house, but this whole death thing just makes me say sometimes like, wtf man, I want to experience this love and life forever, why does it gotta be so short. Just would like to hear your guys’ thoughts on the manner. Thanks.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-05-2024, 05:47 PM   #166
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan1 View Post
Those who have had near death experiences (NDEs) or spontaneous or deliberately induced out of body experiences (OBEs) often say they no longer have any fear of death because they "know they are more than their physical body." A good book on this subject is "Journeys Out of the Body" by Robert Monroe as well his two books after that (https://libgen.is/search.php?req=Rob...e=1&column=def). There are also other books (like "Journey of Souls", "Destiny of Souls" and "Life Between Lives") on the overall subject of life after death by a hypnotherapist named Michael Newton who had 7,000 clients that he drew this material from (https://libgen.is/search.php?req=Mic...e=1&column=def).
Some links to some of this stuff I referenced above, plus a few related YouTube videos.

Btw, in the first of his books, Robert Monroe wrote about how he began having spontaneous out of body experiences. He was frightened by it and thought he might be going crazy, and kept getting frequent checkups with his friends who were doctors, psychologists and psychiatrists to be sure he wasn't going mad or having something medically wrong. It wasn't until he had about 18-20 of these experiences (most deliberately induced through deep relaxation/meditation after the first spontaneous experience) before he stopped having fear about it and began exploring it in kind of a scientific way with his intense logical left brain-dominated curiosity. By the end of the experiences he wrote about in his first book, he had several hundred deliberately induced OBEs. It's an interesting read.

Journeys Out of the Body (Robert Monroe) - http://library.lol/main/EBA07B37812D...35EDDA98421B94

Far Journeys (Robert Monroe) - http://library.lol/main/8C9B847EEF4C...4EF283B096EDAD

Ultimate Journey (Robert Monroe) download available - https://archive.org/details/the-ulti...urney/mode/1up

The Journey of Robert Monroe: from Out-of-body Explorer to Consciousness Pioneer (Ronald Russell) - http://library.lol/main/0006E7C4BD4A...7E89301014B927

(various related YouTube videos)

https://youtu.be/-GxiUgkuPlo?si=OgDUAx3WA6r0TWFe

https://youtube.com/shorts/RuY3Xc1d2...fnRkmaLu-ydEZs

https://youtube.com/shorts/7tduRVSYU...hG9CR9ULrn1jFd

https://youtu.be/exC8tzf_kOo?si=KfnD5nYSstNc4xF-

Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives (Michael Newton) - http://library.lol/main/29A80445CDB5...78EF85BEAB51BE

Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives (Michael Newton) -http://library.lol/main/F2D8E6BC88195918548F99C8F9C9197A

Life Between Lives: Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression (Michael Newton) - http://library.lol/main/C6AC0B476BE6...C322449880A18F

Memories of the Afterlife: Life Between Lives Stories of Personal Transformation (Michael Newton) - http://library.lol/main/5CCA30568D4C...244ADBD3C1C694

Wisdom of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives from the Michael Newton Institute - http://library.lol/main/C0A291CCC18A...0DED063A7C26E8

Last edited by Chiefsfan1; 06-05-2024 at 05:53 PM..
Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 09:39 PM   #167
Banned

Questions I ponder: If there is an afterlife where no one wants for anything and all are treated equally will Republicans be happy? Will Democrats say, "I told you so"? Will the lack of striving to accomplish a goal lead to eternal boredom. If there are goals to strive for will there be slackers that want more than their share? Will those that strive resent those who slack. Will it be a meritocracy. Will there be a hierarchy? Will I get bored with eternity. So many questions with no answers and personally I'm content with just ceasing to be...however final that seems
Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 04:07 AM   #168
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punwit View Post
Questions I ponder: If there is an afterlife where no one wants for anything and all are treated equally will Republicans be happy? Will Democrats say, "I told you so"? Will the lack of striving to accomplish a goal lead to eternal boredom. If there are goals to strive for will there be slackers that want more than their share? Will those that strive resent those who slack. Will it be a meritocracy. Will there be a hierarchy? Will I get bored with eternity. So many questions with no answers and personally I'm content with just ceasing to be...however final that seems
Take this shit as liberal out to the trash please
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 07:12 AM   #169
Would an idiot do that?

I'm cranky this morning and tired of warnings when there's a stickied thread (with warnings!).... banned for a month.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 08:40 AM   #170
Just a li'l Evel

I used to get tripped up about it, like "I only have xx years left" but now, at 54 I think I have become the man am proud to be, I don't have any "unfinished business' or resentments/enemies or regrets for things done.

Only thing I'd be afraid of is HOW I would die. like, I don't want to be buried under rubble for days dying slowly if I can avoid it.

I try to enjoy life and every day. Try to help others and put some goodness into the world.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 09:34 PM   #171
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punwit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I'm cranky this morning and tired of warnings when there's a stickied thread (with warnings!).... banned for a month.

Eh, I think he raised a good point. When talking about the afterlife/heaven or what have you, there seems to be a huge divide between what people believe about heaven and how their religious texts describe the afterlife/heaven.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:09 PM   #172
MVP

I worry way less about dying than I did when I was young. Seems like it would be the opposite. Probably because my faith has become deeper. I rarely ever think about it, and in the rare event that I do it’s usually just not wanting to die in some sucky, painful way. Like hopefully it won’t be a brain tumor, being burned at the stake, the electric chair, or being eaten by a shark. I also wouldn’t want to be thrown into a pit of highly venomous snakes.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:54 PM   #173
Woman should only make babies

You mean poisonous snakes
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2024, 11:39 PM   #174
Starter

Personally I just believe it’ll be like it was before we were born. I’m sad it can’t go on forever but also that’s incentive to make the most of the time you do have
Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-07-2024, 03:36 PM   #175
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan1 View Post
Some links to some of this stuff I referenced above, plus a few related YouTube videos.

Journeys Out of the Body (Robert Monroe) - http://library.lol/main/EBA07B37812D...35EDDA98421B94

Far Journeys (Robert Monroe) - http://library.lol/main/8C9B847EEF4C...4EF283B096EDAD

Ultimate Journey (Robert Monroe) download available - https://archive.org/details/the-ulti...urney/mode/1up

The Journey of Robert Monroe: from Out-of-body Explorer to Consciousness Pioneer (Ronald Russell) - http://library.lol/main/0006E7C4BD4A...7E89301014B927
To add to this, here's some details on Robert Monroe's Gateway program, which teaches people how to have OBEs and further states of consciousness. An excerpt from his second book, "Far Journeys":

"The program itself teaches the Focus 10 state (mind awake, body asleep). Participants also learn to move into what is called Focus 12, where all physical-data input is shut off and the consciousness can reach out and begin to perceive in ways other than through the five senses. The action really begins here, where perspectives and overviews change drastically. It is here where the participant truly understands that he is “more than his physical body.”

The Gateway Program thus has evolved into a unique process of self-exploration and discovery. It first surmounts the Fear Barrier (of the unknown, of change), which seems to be the greatest cultural restraint on individual growth. Think of where you are now as a clearing in a dark forest—we call it C-1 consciousness. We then take you into the forest to a point where you can still “see” the familiar clearing. That point is a guidepost (Focus 10). After a sufficient number of runs between guidepost and clearing, the fear disappears. At the Focus 10 guidepost, you always know you can get back to the clearing if you get uncomfortable for any reason.

From the Focus 10 guidepost, another point is established deeper into the forest and probably “out of sight” of the clearing. This we call Focus 12. After several runs between guideposts 10 and 12, this too becomes familiar and secondary fears fade away. You know that even if you can’t perceive the clearing (C-1) from Focus 12, you can “see” Focus 10—and from 10, you know the way back to C-1. The process is expanded to succeeding guideposts, each deeper and different, beyond ever-expanding limits.

With the Fear Barrier dissolved, one of the greatest gifts to the human species comes into full play. Curiosity. With the tools provided, the participant is then free to do as he wishes. He accepts the authority to do so—and the responsibility.

The individual, of his own accord, without suggestion but through direct experience, begins to know, rather than believe, that he does survive physical death. It doesn’t make any difference what he does during his physical life, what he believes; he will go on after his physical body dies.

Survival beyond physical death is not a belief system, therefore, but a simple fact as natural as being born. There is no dogma related to the Gateway Program—except that when you begin the session, you should seriously consider that you are “more than your physical body.”

It is inevitable that the borders between this and other reality-energy systems are crossed. Many of the results are reported as reunions with “dead” friends and family as well as encounters with other forms of intelligent energy not generally recognized or accepted by mainstream American cultural levels."

More on some of these focus levels, according to the Expand app:

"Focus 10 - Mind Awake, Body Asleep

These signals target a state of consciousness where the physical body is deeply relaxed while the mind remains conscious, awake, and alert. Consciousness is fully retained without dependence upon signals from the physical body. This is the first state of consciousness explored in the Monroe Institute's flagship Gateway Voyage program, and was the launching point for many of the experiences that Robert Monroe documented in his books.

Focus 12 - Expanded Awareness

These signals target a state of consciousness where awareness is expanded beyond the limits of the five physical senses. Focus 12 has many different facets, including exploring nonphysical realities, decision making, problem solving, and enhanced creative expression.

Focus 15 - Beyond Time

These signals target a state where consciousness is far removed from physical body signals and linear time is no longer relevant to experience. This state has a dual nature. One experience is a vast blackness, "The Void," a sense of one-pointedness. A second aspect is quite active, allowing one to explore a sense of timelessness, all potentiality, and creations of patterns on levels beyond time/space.

Focus 18 - Heart Energy

These signals facilitate a state of awareness where we can experience the unconditional love vibration within ourselves and access this in our daily lives as we interact with others.

Focus 21 - Bridge to Other Realities

These signals target a state of consciousness on the very edge of perception of the time/space continuum. This state provides a bridge between the physical and the nonphysical realms, where access to nonphysical energies and intelligences is possible - a state where greatly expanded awareness is facilitated."

This link includes all of the Gateway tapes plus more, including a CIA report on the program:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/m...5pfkZTV0cnd026
Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 06-07-2024, 04:07 PM   #176
Who's the masta???

May have already been said, but I am not scared of dying, we're all going to die at some point. I am more worried about HOW I will die.
MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.