Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2024, 03:04 PM  
Supporter

Armadillo invasion

These disgusting little critters are migrating north and are causing some maddening damage on my property. I have learned that several of my friends are also experiencing this you. How about you? Have you any suggestions or experience with them?

I remember when as a kid, they were not north of Texas. Then according to what I have found they made it north to Missouri in the 70s. Armadillos migrated to North America through Central America and Mexico, crossing the Rio Grande River in the late 1800s. Humans also introduced them to Florida during this time.

Now, I don't intend to start an argument about climate change, but they don't like the cold and they are mostly nocturnal, but they may be more active during the day when it's cooler. Researchers believe climate change is a factor in armadillos' northward expansion, as they prefer hot weather and sandy or clay environments.

There is a ton of information out there on them, so I am not going to bore you with cutting and pasting all of it.

Below is just a small sample of the damage they have been doing to my property.

Below is a picture of one I shot the other night a 3 AM. No, armadillos are not protected in Missouri, and are legal to hunt and trap year-round. The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) allows residents to trap or shoot armadillos that are causing damage to their property.
Armadillos are considered a nuisance because they can: Damage lawns and gardens, Burrow into the ground, and Carry bacteria that can cause leprosy.

Last edited by HemiEd; 09-16-2024 at 03:17 PM..
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:19 AM   #61
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
Armidillo by morning.mp3
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:21 AM   #62
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
I just checked my cabinet and I not only have a box of 6s that we used to use for pheasant, I have a box of 00 that I am going to use for these armored rats.
That sounds like... fun.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:03 AM   #63
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Very cool! How much does a box of shotgun shells cost now? You must have a large gun safe? I have a couple cousins that have walk in gun safes.

Did you notice the price tag on the box of shells in my picture? It was purchased in 1960 at Kidwell's hardware on Kellogg in Wichita that closed down about 71 when they widened Kellogg, lol. Crazy they still fire so well.
A little research and I find shotgun shells are more than $20.00 a box depending on what you choose to shoot. I think last time I was actively buying ammo they were a little above $10.00 a box which was high then.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:13 AM   #64
Forever Royal

Armadillo invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
Nine Banded Armadillo's Are Found in Argentina

They just burrow into the ground in the winter (opossums in shells). Many years ago I'd worked with somebody from Argentina and they were surprised to see these dumb pieces of shit (9 banded) loitering around. You don't see them where I live now because the soil sucks. But there's no reason they can't survive in a subtropical climate that has ideal soil (midwest).

That DNA research I linked is saying the nine banded armadillo found in Argentina doesn’t actually live in the US. Regardless they certainly have limits to the levels of cold they can tolerate. Thats not to say they can’t keep adapting as they move further north though.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote