Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2024, 04:15 PM  
Repeal the 19th Amendment

*****The Bobby Witt Jr. Thread*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
If bwj doesn't have his own thread yet, it's past due. We need a place to memorialize everything he is doing in the moment.
Yes. Good call.

GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 12:40 PM   #76
In Search of a Life

Bobby's puttin' up Kelly Leak numbers.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:47 PM   #77

GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 12:51 PM   #78

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:51 PM   #79

Old Today, 02:31 PM   #80
I'll **** anything that moves!

And officially just named July's AL player of the month! Congrats Bobby!!!
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 02:39 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
And officially just named July's AL player of the month! Congrats Bobby!!!
Old Today, 03:12 PM   #82

Bobby Witt Jr. stat line after this thread was created:
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:29 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam View Post
Bobby Witt Jr. stat line after this thread was created:
I was just screwing around looking at Bobby's numbers and thinking about Brett's race to .400 in 1980.

Let's say Bobby's August is as hot as his July. So I plugged those numbers in, give or take. Putting him at 200 total hits and 532 AB's through the end of August would give him a .375 BA.

What did I conclude? Hitting .400 for a season is really, really, really ****ing hard. If you can hit over .300 for three months, have two months of hitting close to .500 and still be 25 points shy? No wonder Brett cracked under the pressure.
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 03:38 PM   #84
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
I was just screwing around looking at Bobby's numbers and thinking about Brett's race to .400 in 1980.

Let's say Bobby's August is as hot as his July. So I plugged those numbers in, give or take. Putting him at 200 total hits and 532 AB's through the end of August would give him a .375 BA.

What did I conclude? Hitting .400 for a season is really, really, really ****ing hard. If you can hit over .300 for three months, have two months of hitting close to .500 and still be 25 points shy? No wonder Brett cracked under the pressure.

There was back in 77, a great article in Sports Illustrated that focused on Rod Carew. In 77, Carew finished the season at .388. It was interview of Ted Williams and how he hit 400 and what Rod Carew had to do in order to accomplish the task.

I think I still have the entire issue in my basement storeroom. Why I remember it so well, was because during Brett's magic 1980 season, Denny and Fred read excerpts from the article during a series in late August.

I'd love to have that on hand to read again.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
There was back in 77, a great article in Sports Illustrated that focused on Rod Carew. In 77, Carew finished the season at .388. It was interview of Ted Williams and how he hit 400 and what Rod Carew had to do in order to accomplish the task.

I think I still have the entire issue in my basement storeroom. Why I remember it so well, was because during Brett's magic 1980 season, Denny and Fred read excerpts from the article during a series in late August.

I'd love to have that on hand to read again.
Is that the SI with Rod on the cover smiling with the headline: “Rod Carew is at it again!” ?
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #86
Champion Golfer Of The Year

It might be. If that was 77.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation