Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 05:18 AM  
Supporter

8/6/24 Chiefs Training Camp Thread

Supposed to be cooler today.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:17 PM   #76
Bolton gonna knock you out

Copied from Reddit.

Compiled notes from training camp - 08/06

Another day of full pads. Cooler than yesterday, so while the practice was still as intense, it probably felt much easier to the boys.

- Chris Jones did not practice today as he recovers from what was described as "a stinger" to his shoulder. Expect him to return before camp is over, but he may rest until Saturday. Not much point in risking aggravation at this stage.

- Other Chiefs players out were Clyde Edwards-Helaire with an illness, Nick Bolton with an elbow injury, and Kelvin Joseph with a hamstring injury.

- Derrick Nnadi finally cleared his physical and was able to join training camp today. With Jones out, he did some work with the first team defense. Going to work him back in slowly.

- Kadarius Toney again had a short day of practice. Did some personal work, and then rode back the locker room in the front seat of a cart. Unclear how long he'll remain unavailable or if it will hurt his chances of making the 53 man roster.

- Drue Tranquill is the most enjoyable defensive player to watch in one-on-ones this year, and its not particularly close. Not only does Tranquill always give his all on every rep, but it feels like every offensive player wants to get the better of him and gives their all, too. Tranquill and Isiah Pacheco have had a fun camp rivalry so far, and they had another intense one-on-one rep again today. After some extensive jostling, I would say Tranquill won the rep today. Jared Wiley also had a standout one-on-one with Tranquill where he easily created separation against the veteran line backer and caught an easy ball with plenty of room to pick up yards.

- Marquise Brown had an excellent day today, and I'm not even sure he was the best receiver on the field. He had an amazing one-handed catch against Keith Taylor in tight coverage. Probably his most impressive play all camp. Not great awareness by Taylor, but still good stuff by Brown. They've starting using Brown and Rashee Rice in bunch formations and on the same side of the line more. Its very effective with Rice as a first read for Mahomes with Brown taking the coverage deep. Expect to see a lot of concepts that utilize them together to create space for one or the other.

- Rashee Rice was the best receiver today in my eye for both 7s and 11s. His short over the middle slants look unfair. Mahomes threw him the ball on these crossing routes over and over and over again and the defense just couldn't do anything. And when they could, Mahomes would just hit Travis Kelce with the defense being pulled by Rice. Eventually they even doubled Rice in zone coverage and he still got nice separation off the line with a quick out and in to shed the defenders and catch an easy ball. He looks improved from his rookie year, which is really saying something.

- Carson Steele caught a screen pass from Mahomes and ran the ball in for a touchdown early in practice. He's not especially fast, but I'd hate to try tackling him when he has a bunch of momentum. You have to hit him with some heavy contact to take him down. Anything light will just bounce and he'll stay upright. Steele also looks like the best pass protecting RB option for the Chiefs this year. Him and Pacheco are both great, but Steele's size and physicality make picking up LBs easier for him. He's my dark horse to make the 53 man roster. Good player who fills a need for a workhouse short yardage RB and can work in 12 and 13 personnel as a blocker with the TEs.

- Jaylen Watson was a full practice with the first team defense today. No yellow shirt. Defensive back starters were Watson and Joshua Williams on the perimeter with Trent McDuffie playing the inside. It looked like the best DB combination I've seen all camp. As much as I like Chamarri Conner, he's not the player McDuffie is in the slot. McDuffie had multiple great plays during team practice, and Conner gave some up when he took the slot role. Spags will probalby move the DBs around, but the first team configuration of DBs looked like a good base. Still don't think anything is decided without a clear shutdown corner like Sneed presenting themselves.

Link to an excellent post of highlights from today provided by u/blocksmith52

[https://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityC...ith_the_daily/)
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:31 PM   #77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Copied from Reddit.

Compiled notes from training camp - 08/06

- Kadarius Toney again had a short day of practice. Did some personal work, and then rode back the locker room in the front seat of a cart. Unclear how long he'll remain unavailable or if it will hurt his chances of making the 53 man roster.

[https://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityC...ith_the_daily/)
This guy is gone. Not making the team. PS.. not sure this is the right thread to say this, but we will miss Sneed a ton this year. Kinda surprised nobody's talking more about this.
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 04:34 PM   #78
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJake View Post
This guy is gone. Not making the team. PS.. not sure this is the right thread to say this, but we will miss Sneed a ton this year. Kinda surprised nobody's talking more about this.
ya we'll miss Sneed, but how they gonna pay everybody? At least we got an extra 3rd round pick next year though.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:45 PM   #79
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
ya we'll miss Sneed, but how they gonna pay everybody? At least we got an extra 3rd round pick next year though.
I LOVED Sneed, he was such a bad ass. But also those knee issues were worrisome.

Spoiler!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:48 PM   #80
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
Exactly. Keeping Sneed would have been great, but he has more than earned his contract and KC would have been in a bind at some point financially by signing him. I am glad they were able to trade him and get a pick out of it. It was a best case scenario for both.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:01 PM   #81
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
I LOVED Sneed, he was such a bad ass. But also those knee issues were worrisome.

Spoiler!
The good news, is that Sneed says his knee feels "great" when he spoke to the media last week.

"I’m healthy", Sneed said. "I just have to maintain it and get back to Week 1. That’s all I’m trying to get to."

Sneed also said this when he was asked why he has been away from practice: "Because of the procedure I was having, the things I’ve got going on with me."

He's healthy, but he had a procedure and has things going on with him that caused him to miss practice after practice? Those don't seem to jive lol.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 05:19 PM   #82
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
The good news, is that Sneed says his knee feels "great" when he spoke to the media last week.

"I’m healthy", Sneed said. "I just have to maintain it and get back to Week 1. That’s all I’m trying to get to."

Sneed also said this when he was asked why he has been away from practice: "Because of the procedure I was having, the things I’ve got going on with me."

He's healthy, but he had a procedure and has things going on with him that caused him to miss practice after practice? Those don't seem to jive lol.
Great player but with so many studs to lock down for the next few years investing close to 20 million dollars AAV on a major injury risk would not have been a wise move.
Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 05:19 PM   #83
Veteran

Maybe Rashee Rice really will be our #1 WR this year.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.