Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2024, 02:17 PM  
Snacks Are Under My Apron

•••• The Bowling Thread ••••

So, bowling is a fun sport at any level. From first dates, childhood parties or serious league action. Bowling has something for everybody. This is a depository, repository or suppository for stories, tips of the trade, and overall good times at the Bowling Alley. Enjoy the bar food, Cold Beer and good times.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 02:47 PM   #46
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Yeah, I grew up in Lee's Summit and mostly bowled at Summit Lanes (used to be called Green Bowl way back in the day). I bowled both of my 300's and the 290 there.

As an adult, I also bowled leagues at Capitol Bowl (Hickman Mills), Loma Vista, Strike and Spare on 40 Hwy and there was a place on 50 highway in Raytown that I can't remember the name.
I bowled out of the Y Bowl out of Excelsior Springs.....loved Capitol Bowl and the Strike and Spare....but I absolutely hated Loma Vista Lanes. I had some of my worst luck there...

If you grew up in the Lee Summit area did you know an athlete by the name of Rick Riddle?
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-16-2024, 02:59 PM   #47
Wasted away again...

The name doesn't ring a bell.

I used to work at an auto parts store down the street from Capitol in the early 80's. I'd go up there at lunch every once in a while and get 3 quick games in.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 04:16 PM   #48
You're not too far between

I bowled in Wichita back in the 90's/00's. Carried a low 200's average during the best years. Did manage 3 300 games in league play, 2 at Derby, 1 at T-Bird. Threw a 789 at Seneca, closest I ever got to an 800. My brother has also had a number of 300 games and did join the 800 club.
Funniest story was going to watch some of a PBA tournament at North Rock lanes and being asked for an autograph by a dude that thought I was Parker Bohn 🤣
andoman has disabled reputation
Old 06-16-2024, 04:43 PM   #49
Supporter

Yep, Capitol Bowl and Ward Parkway Lanes for fun back in the day (they had pool tables too).

Haven't bowled in years, but have enjoyed watching PBA on FS1, 2 and CBS Sports Network recently.

TV Schedule....
https://www.tvinsider.com/show/pba-bowling/

Last edited by alpha_omega; 06-16-2024 at 05:10 PM..
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 06:18 PM   #50
MVP

I’m from the Tulsa area but remember watching my grandparents, dad, cousins and uncle roll at the old blue springs bowl. I dig the old bowling alley vibes myself.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-16-2024, 10:06 PM   #51
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Ordered a few of these in my time, great pizza… The Superdome

https://www.wichitabyeb.com/2019/01/...pizza.html/amp
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.