Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2018, 05:38 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power

Premieres Sept. 2nd

Last edited by BigRedChief; 07-23-2022 at 02:59 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:41 AM   #706
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
This show has already lost like 60% of it's original audience now. Audience scores are terrible. It's terrible. Just stop.
I'm enjoying it more than just about anything on TV since The Mandalorian S2.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #707
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
IMO its too hard to follow for casuals. I read all the books at a young age and have recently been into some stuff exploring the old testament stuff that the church ignores. And a lot of Tolkiens stuff is based on that. And I am enjoying it more than i expected. My wife is watching it with me and watched the first season. She loves the Hobbit movies and LOTR, but couldnt give a flying flp less about this and its obvious even though she says she likes it.
It's not like GoT is easy to follow either. This is essentially LOTR: GoT.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:47 AM   #708
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
It's not like GoT is easy to follow either. This is essentially LOTR: GoT.
Yeah I agree. I've seen where some people just don't like the stranger parts. And to be fair not much is going on there. A bit daemon targaryenesque in the long boring two season build up for him.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 09:48 AM   #709
MVP

I do not like the dwarf wife. Not for any real reason.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #710
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
IMO its too hard to follow for casuals. I read all the books at a young age and have recently been into some stuff exploring the old testament stuff that the church ignores. And a lot of Tolkiens stuff is based on that. And I am enjoying it more than i expected. My wife is watching it with me and watched the first season. She loves the Hobbit movies and LOTR, but couldnt give a flying flp less about this and its obvious even though she says she likes it.
I MIGHT get around to watching S2.

S1 had terrible costumes, characters, dialog, etc. Straight trash.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old Today, 09:50 AM   #711
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I'm enjoying it more than just about anything on TV since The Mandalorian S2.

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:53 AM   #712
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod View Post
I MIGHT get around to watching S2.

S1 had terrible costumes, characters, dialog, etc. Straight trash.
S1 was so much character and story development until right at the end. IMO s2 has been more watchable. But I agree on some of the dialog stuff. They make some stuff almost too high level for common enjoyment.

The whole things demanded 100% focus. I have a coworker who cant watch TV without also being on his phone. He has no idea what's going on and has no intention to give it the attention needed.
Old Today, 09:55 AM   #713
**** That Noise

I enjoy this show.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 10:08 AM   #714
I'll be back.

It's crazy to me that people wouldn't enjoy origin stories for Gandalf, Sauron, Galadriel, Elrond and ****ing MORDOR. And I'd guess by the end, The Shire and Hobbits.

This show is fascinating.
Old Today, 10:36 AM   #715
Three-Pat

Quote:
This is not trash. I doubt you've even read the source material. Just enjoy it and stop trying to find a reason to hate everything. This isn't The Acolyte.

It's highly well crafted show. The guy playing Sauron is an utterly absurdly great actor.
Was Gandalf in the second age in the source material? Were orcs ever not evil in the source material? Did mythril come from a tree in the source material? I get modifying parts that aren’t covered in the source material, like the first orc, but what I mentioned above contradicts what is in source material.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Today, 10:36 AM   #716
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Of course Clay is simping for this trash
I've not read the books for decades, but even I know the writers are taking massive liberties with the characters and source material. I did not care for season 1, but so far this season has been "better" enough to keep me interested, but I say that knowing this isn't how Tolkien wrote it or intended it to be deciphered. I guess I'm looking at it as Nerdrotic described it - fan fiction brought to life by a Bond villain in Bezos (I'm keeping that description btw, lol).

There are two things that I've disagreed with so far....

1) Halbrand's death at the hands of Adar and the Orcs and his subsequent rebirth. That was hamfisted AF. He turns into a symbiote and drags himself out of the earth to consume a woman? What?

2) The writers trying to present the Orcs as creatures deserving sympathy with the one male Orc attempting to protect his Orc family by protesting going to war. Orcs are BRED for war and want nothing else, not sympathetic and misunderstood creatures. That totally threw me out of the moment (not to mention the messaging they're trying to send there, but that's another issue).

Outside of that, it's kept me interested enough. This season is definitely an upgrade from S1, so far.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:43 AM   #717
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Was Gandalf in the second age in the source material? Were orcs ever not evil in the source material? Did mythril come from a tree in the source material? I get modifying parts that aren’t covered in the source material, like the first orc, but what I mentioned above contradicts what is in source material.

You think Peter Jackson stuck to the books? Hell no. The Hobbit trilogy was an exercise in unchecked fanboy fantasy.

Just roll with it. The show is ****ing tits. You've never getting 100% Tolkien on screen. Nor does anyone need to try to do that. Playing in Tolkien's sandbox is amazing enough.
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #718
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
1) Halbrand's death at the hands of Adar and the Orcs and his subsequent rebirth. That was hamfisted AF. He turns into a symbiote and drags himself out of the earth to consume a woman? What?
This was the visual effects team's take on Sauron regaining his physical form. While I would have preferred something more akin to a spirit, I appreciate their ability to think outside the box and come up with something fresh. I found it entertaining as ****.
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #719
Three-Pat

Quote:

You think Peter Jackson stuck to the books? Hell no. The Hobbit trilogy was an exercise in unchecked fanboy fantasy.

Just roll with it. The show is ****ing tits. You've never getting 100% Tolkien on screen. Nor does anyone need to try to do that. Playing in Tolkien's sandbox is amazing enough.
Agree on the Hobbit trilogy. But you can’t get on someone for not having read the source material and then say who cares if it’s not followed. You can still have plenty of fan fiction without going against what is already written. The second age is easily the one with the least amount of source material. They can take creative liberties all they want with that.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #720
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
This was the visual effects team's take on Sauron regaining his physical form. While I would have preferred something more akin to a spirit, I appreciate their ability to think outside the box and come up with something fresh. I found it entertaining as ****.
It was a fair representation of a fallen Maiar, and I understand there is a bit of a time crunch to show his return, but it just felt "off" to me in some way. The visuals were great.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.