Thread: Chiefs Lucas Niang opts out...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #302
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Sure - that's always the idea. And it just doesn't work that often. Most of the time, a draft pick, especially a 3rd rounder, isn't equipped to just step in and replace a Pro Bowl player at a critical position.

The same people calling for Fisher to be cut are lauding Veach's work in retaining a luxury player in Sammy Watkins despite using a 2nd rounder on Hardman last year and getting a productive season out of him.

Want to save $12 million in a way that doesn't expose Mahomes to add'l abuse? Cut Hitchens now, absorb the hit, clean the books for next season and there - you've cleared the same amount as cutting Fisher without getting rid of a dude who didn't lose a game while starting at the most important position on the OL for us last season.

And again - I like Niang a lot. I was on board with taking him in the 2nd before the draft started. I think he can be a very good player and maybe someday win that job outright. But it wasn't going to happen even by 2021, not with 2020 likely being something of a redshirt season even before the COVID thing happened.

Natural attrition will take care of this - there's no reason at all to piss away the final (and cost effective) year of Fisher's contract when there are other, LESS cost effective line items on our salary cap.
Oh I don't mean Niang, I think if they really want to replace a LT, that's a 1st round pick.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote