Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek Picard
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #231
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yep. I also liked how he really got under Sisko's skin, and Sisko basically ran with it. Eddington's Javert comparison really wasn't very far off.

Fun fact - it was after that episode that I went to see Les Miserables in the theater for the first time.
Really, that was the worst weakness of Sisko in he held the grudge against Eddington because he betrayed him in a way that made Sisko look like a clown and because he (at least indirectly) implicated Kassidy with the Maquis.

But really when you step back.. Sisko's arc to that point logically should have led him to at least sympathizing with the Maquis' motivations (but not their methods when they started firing on Starfleet ships) given his Cal Hudson defecting early on and how the Federation handled Bajor... though that last part is a bit of headcanon since we didn't learn about Sisko's bosses bitching about him not shirking his status as the Emissary until long after the Maquis were wiped out.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.