Thread: Food and Drink Thanksgiving 2017 food
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
So the drip juice collection tray can it be used for the dripping and gravy etc. Many times I find it gets to hot and burns on grills. This is interesting as I was going to smoke the bird on the Camp Chef pellet grill I purchased but I just wasnt happy with results my first smoke with it.
My drip container sits over my water bath, if you are smoking at 200-225 you can put onions carrots etc there to cook. I use then for soup but...

I cook on racks like this :

or

Placing a disposable roasting / baking pan on the drip tray should work but you can always lift it off slightly by using a cooling rack. Drizzle and brush with EVOO and put taters, carrots, onion, garlic there to cook. I try to keep a little liquid in there. I am sure that on a long cook you may want to remove earlier. but with fatty meats I never do. All smokers are different. I know your heating element is bottom center so you just have to try and see.

Remember you need a water bath/ tray for moisture.

Does Camp Chef have a smoker group?

Tell us about the 1st smoke in another thread?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.