View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 11:31 PM   #1522
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Well, in recent years some of us have been waiting until the draft occurs, then we compare our value with players drafted.

For example, BossChief got Mahomes with the 27th pick. If Mahomes goes at 12 to the Cardinals, BossChief gets 15 points. But then if his awful Rasul Douglas pick (taken at 104) goes at 134, he loses 30 points. If a player you picked goes undrafted, you just call him the 254th pick, even if you have multiples.

It's inexact, inaccurate, and generally not a very good way of determining who actually drafted the best, but it's an easy and somewhat fun way to talk shit with each other. I think that's usually why we do it.
I'm in.

It seems like a better way to do it would be to count how many total draft points you got in the draft on the famous Jimmy Johnson trade value chart, compared to how many draft points you had in picks. That way, getting a steal on a 1st round pick would be worth more points than getting a steal on a 7th round pick.

Edit: As I think about it, though, maybe that's not better. You would basically win or lose depending on the where the first-rounders go.

Last edited by Rain Man; 04-19-2017 at 11:56 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.