Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 01:12 PM   #867
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
There is much to admire about Shatner. He's 90 years old, looks like he's 70, and despite his age he still hustles his ass off. I certainly agree with your assessment of certain of the other cast members, particularly the odious Takei. You'd think the ****er was in an internment camp getting caned by Shatner last week to listen to him piss and moan.

I assume, however, that his endless hustling was what drove the final wedge between him and Nimoy. I don't think Bill has an off switch, and doesn't understand that other people do.
One thing that people forget that don't work as an actor for a living is that yes, these people are extremely competitive. It's obviously a different type of competition than sports but actors on that level don't just audition in order to get a gig, they audition in order to not only nail that gig but to turn it into a years long series or a role that will live on for decades.

Shatner was indeed a hustler. He turned his time on Stern's show into tens of millions via Priceline, in which he decided to take in stock instead of salary. He's constantly writing and performing and even had a failed CBS sitcom in the past decade.

The dude is a worker and hustler and has great respect in town, regardless of what his former cast members think of him, who outside of Nimoy, had little success outside of Star Trek.

So it's pretty obvious who was riding the coattails.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.