Thread: Chiefs Shurmer vs Henne
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 08:50 PM   #16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Possible but I doubt it. But if that's really an issue and you really think Shurmer is a long term NFL backup, then you keep 3 and sacrifice somewhere else on the roster

You still need Henne here for 2019. Mahomes is still (almost) 24 and new to the league. There are still things Henne might see Mahomes isn't familiar with. Things that Shurmer wouldn't recognize yet, either.

Then you let Henne go in the 2020 off-season, and go with Shurmur long term.

And it doesn't really matter how either one of them plays. If Mahomes goes down for more than a game or maybe two at the outside, the team is done. Henne at this point doesn't need to be on the field in the regular season, and Shurmur may not ever be capable of more than holding a clipboard on game day. And that's fine.
Yeah it'll be interesting to see what they do. I'm a fan of the veteran backup situation.

I think Shurmur would get picked up based on name alone. Not just a coach's son, but an NFL coach's son. Super smart kid, went to Vanderbilt, tough kid from the SEC. Teams eat that shit up.
Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.