View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 05:07 PM   #298
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Yeah I wasn’t born until 71 but can still relate to so much of this movie, all of those Bounty Law style westerns were still showing regularly in syndication

I read Vincent Bugliosis definitive book on the Manson saga as a very young teen, so that was familiar as well... and all the rest of it too, really, all of those cars were still on the road as a kid, all that music was still on the radio

Bruce Lee was still huge, I used to OD on his movies... and though Tarantino portrayed him badly, it was still cool to see him brought back to life so perfectly

Yeah this flic just clicks with me, might just put it on again today if I get tired of shark week...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
While Cliff was the soul of the movie, Rick was the heart of the movie. Without Rick, there would have been no Cliff.

I'm surprised to see so many people pan LDC's performance and character. For me, it was absolutely mind blowing to actually SEE a real TV Series, Lancer, acted out by actors, who themselves are being portrayed by actors in a TV series within in a movie.

The way LDC seamlessly transitioned from Rick Dalton in Bounty Law to a criminal in Lancer, then back to Rick Dalton the person was simply amazing, IMO, and his performance was absolutely stellar.

As much as I've loved Brad Pitt's characters over the years, I always see Brad Pitt in the role. I didn't really see Cliff when Pitt was onscreen, I saw Pitt.

Yet LDC was essentially playing three different characters in the film and I saw each and every one of those and not Leonardo Di Caprio.
Having Easy's background knowledge on the Manson story and/or Dane's in-depth grasp of theater may have made this a different viewing for me. I came in looking for a Tarantino roller coaster ride and that didn't happen.

I really enjoy most everything Pitt, Leo, and QT have made. I was picturing another QT non-linear piece with his rich dialogue and "wow" moments typical of his films. There was some of that but it appears this one was nuanced in ways that didn't line up with me.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote