View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 08:31 PM   #288
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
I’m with you. I rented this a few weeks ago, got bored after 20 minutes and turned it off. Got home from a long hike the other day and this came on Starz, figured maybe I was in the right mood to watch a slow movie.

I kept waiting for the movie to start and an hour in I realized this was it. Some old-school Hollywood homages, Decaprio crying every now and then, Pitt being Pitt, and repeat. The vintage cars were cool and the Bruce Lee scene was funny. Other than that it was Decaprio and Pitt and I never forgot that’s who I was watching. Not the usual characters Tarantino creates. Seemed to go on forever.

2 hours in I got a phone call and haven’t gone back. Just don’t care.

Props to those of you who got something out of it. It’s last on my Tarantino list and I’m a big fan of his, Decaprio’s, and Pitt’s work.
Are you ****ing insane?

That movie is GREATNESS. The part where Rick Dalton is talking to Mirabella Lancer and he realizes that he really connects with the Easy Breezy character in his western book is GOLD.

Then in his trailer : "you had to have 8 whiskey sours? You ****ing alcoholic...you get your shit together or I'm blowing your brains out all over your pool tonight!"

I also loved the part where Cliff Booth (Pitt) goes to Spahn Ranch and visits George Spahn.

The way the whole thing culminates and peaks in the last 20 minutes...greatness.

The only thing that I took issue with was the "acid-laced cigarette". Everyone knows you can't smoke LSD.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.