View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 07:15 PM   #347
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
Your comment regarding Maggie Gyllenhaal nearly made me spit out my drink And I agree with it too. On top of being an overrated actress, Maggie is not even remotely attractive (butter face at best) and came across as a stuck up snob Katie Holmes was much more likable and of course way more attractive as Rachel Dawes.

Despite all that, I still consider The Dark Knight to be one of my favorite films ever made and also consider it to be a cinematic game changer. I always thought Heath Ledger was an inspiring / good casting choice for the Joker but I didn't think he would be THAT good. It all came down to the creepy / unique voice and I was in awe of Ledger whenever he was on screen (especially the interrogation scene. Well deserved Oscar win by Ledger).

I also give Nolan a pass for the Joker's vague whereabouts and being able to pull off all the shit he did. Its a comic book movie after all. and doesn't need to be totally grounded or realistic.
Also The Dark Knight features one of my favorite endings ever (the closing monologue by Commissioner Gordon gives me goosebumps every time I give it a re watch)
I agree that comic book moves don't have to be grounded or realistic. In fact, I hate when they try to make them that way. That being said, The Dark Knight portrayed itself as a realistic movie so the Joker's ridiculous and contrived plan didn't fit.

Good movie but vastly overrated.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.