Thread: Misc Durango, CO
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:07 PM   #27
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I just did a loop through the three Colorado National Parks that I hadn't hit (aside from RMNP) over the 4th of July weekend. On the way to or from, you could hit Sand Dunes National Park and/or Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Both are probably only worth 2-3 hours at most, but are pretty cool to see.
We will have a few hours to kill on the day we drive in so we could actually hit one of these places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Durango is a cool town in that it has "stuff," but it's more of a base for other stuff to do than a destination in and of itself IMO. Cool downtown with some good restaurants and shopping, a few breweries, etc. Mesa Verde is worth the trip. I didn't do the train (sounds like fun for about an hour, but would then get pretty old). If you do, consider going up one day, staying in Silverton, and coming back the next day.
Yeah, riding the train the entire day might be a be much, so we're thinking about doing a ATV tour/train package deal that will only be the return trip from Silverton to Durango on the train. I don't need to see everything twice.

Sounds like Ouray will definitely be the place to go on our second day out there.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.