Thread: Misc Durango, CO
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 07:53 PM   #25
Kind of a mod

I just did a loop through the three Colorado National Parks that I hadn't hit (aside from RMNP) over the 4th of July weekend. On the way to or from, you could hit Sand Dunes National Park and/or Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Both are probably only worth 2-3 hours at most, but are pretty cool to see.

Durango is a cool town in that it has "stuff," but it's more of a base for other stuff to do than a destination in and of itself IMO. Cool downtown with some good restaurants and shopping, a few breweries, etc. Mesa Verde is worth the trip. I didn't do the train (sounds like fun for about an hour, but would then get pretty old). If you do, consider going up one day, staying in Silverton, and coming back the next day. The drive from Durango to Ouray is one of the prettiest our state has to offer.

I agree with Rain Man, Ouray wins the prize as the prettiest you'll find out there. There's a lot of hiking in the area, quaint downtown. There's brewery there called Mr. Grumpy Pants Brewery (aka Ourayle if you look it up), and it really is just a grumpy old dude making beer.

Telluride I have a mixed review of. Seems like a nice ski town, but it was pretty crowded when I was there and not really much to do, so I wouldn't personally say it's worth the effort, but I know a lot of people like it there.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.