View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #117
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Bruce Lee was 130 pounds.

I don't doubt Lee's prowess, and I think he was ahead of the curve on martial arts when he started integrating boxing stances and western training techniques into his own form. Had Lee remained, his style would have continued to develop to take advantage of the proven strength of grappling... probably before it became trendy too.

Having said that... Tyson had 100 lbs on Lee and punched with enough force to be LETHAL. His defense was among the best in the business, and his combinations were deadly.

Now there are recorded incidents of Lee showing up to kickboxing tournaments and insisting their best fighters could not defense his punches. The champion, in three attempts, let Lee's fist slip through his guard (Lee did not strike him, but the point was made). He kicked like a mule and only kicked low, so your legs would be in peril.

Who would win in a street fight? Tyson. Tyson is a mean mother****er who is really just a criminal who got lucky. Ferocity is the most important thing in a street fight. In almost every fight I"ve seen or partook in, the meaner person won.

I know you 'tap out' guys think MMA is everything. It's great, and as far as technique goes it's advanced the science of ass whipping. In the real world in a street fight science often goes by the wayside. Once it's a dog-fight, the meanest guy wins.
I was agreeing with almost everything, up until the point you seemed to say that only young, too dumb to do anything else street criminals can be vicious & have a killer instinct.

Mean has no address, you can find it anywhere.
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.