View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 11:35 AM   #427
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
So Pearlman wrote a Kobe book; mostly a book about the early Kobe era Lakers.

https://deadspin.com/i-wrote-a-book-...ung-1845138472

He wrote it over a couple of years before Kobe died and it sure sounds like it won't be terribly flattering.

Those of you that are familiar with sportswriters almost certainly know Perlman. He's kinda the Ron Chernow/David Halberstam of sports authors (not newspaper wretches, but guys who write books).

I mean...I'm gonna read this. As a Lakers/Kobe fan, it's gonna be a must see. But I really do kinda feel bad for Pearlman here because he's in a big time no-win spot.

Not going to be pretty....

“ If I’m being blunt (and I am — if nothing else — being blunt), “Three-Ring Circus” is oftentimes the saga of a young, brash, egomaniacal basketball player who seeks no advice and believes he is the second coming of Michael Jordan. It’s a Kobe Bryant who treats rookies and free agents like yesterday’s trash; who sees all comers as enemies created to be destroyed; who wants to be feared far more than loved or even admired.

It’s also the Kobe Bryant who — again, being blunt — likely raped a hotel clerk in Eagle, Colorado.

Sigh.“
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.