View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 06:47 PM   #36
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
All those shows are ass. Apologies to Dane’s friends but it’s network TV so I’m not their audience. Laugh-tracks are lame but I get their continued use.
laugh tracks remind me of one of my all-time favorite IASIP episodes. For those not in the know, ISAIP always has GREAT macro level humor (not sure what it's called, but I dub it macro humor). in this episode, it's titled "The Gang Desperatiely Tries to Win An Award". The episode has the gang trying to figure out why their bar has never won an award; so they do some reconnaissance and go to a bar down the street that has won a ton of awards. The macro is IASIP show has never won any sort of award; so the entire episode is geared towards them taking jabs at the industry.

The bar they go to gather intel on is a perfect personification of all the garbage on TV / laugh tracks etc. This bar feels like "Friends" obviously. Later in the episode, they host an "Industry Night" at their bar and a few of their black friends show up, and they panic because the 'ratio is off'...Black bars never win awards.

and of course, later Charlie high as a kite from huffing paint, makes a slight change to the original "Paddy's Pub" song he wrote for the Industry Night with this little Diddy. Which of course, is a giant FU to the entertainment industry.

God damn I love that show . I currently have 115 episodes on my DVR that I watch all the time. I'm not pleased about Google deleting a few from my DVR however. the Lethal Weapon 5 & 6 episodes were gold. absolute gold. They deleted Dee's Martina Martinez and Taiwan Tammy episodes as well. lol.
Season 15 coming up.

Last edited by Dayze; 05-25-2021 at 06:54 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.