View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 10:35 PM   #24
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy View Post
I currently live off Union and Pershing. The area by WashU is very nice, however a block north past Delmare things get rough very quick as you know, and it seems things are moving more south. 100 yards south east of me and you have million dollar homes, but two blocks north and you begin to enter into one of the most poverished, crime ridden areas of St. Louis. It truley is a unique landscape.
Oh, I well know. I lived right above what is now Mission Taco and Gyro Grill on Delmar, across from the old SWBell building and next to the Shell station. Back then it was the Delmar Lounge and Thai Gai Yang Cafe.

In law school, my commute was walking down to the middle of The Loop and taking the Ackert walkway to WashU. Very nice, very safe.

When I started interning, then moved onto my employment, it was up in Alton/Wood River, so I drove north on Skinker to 367, then up and across the river. That might be the roughest stretch of road in St. Louis, Pine Lawn, Moline Acres, Jennings, all of it.

But back when I lived there, I always felt safe, particularly within walking distance of my apartment. Metrolink was fairly new, and I'd often drag a rolling suitcase, while dressed in a full suit, down to Delmar Station to go up to Lambert, even at 5am.

Metrolink and their shitty turf war between the city and county has really dropped the ball on light rail security, and the extension into Clayton resulting in WashU station right at FPP and Skinker has brought the security risks even closer.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 09-19-2018 at 10:42 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.