Thread: Movies and TV MCU Meta Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 01:41 PM   #1027
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I still think it circles back to the idea that bigotry isn’t reasonable.

At the same time, mutants are a little different. They carry the X-gene and will presumably replace humans. Kind of touches on xenophobia and the Great Replacement Theory.

There aren’t enough cosmic storms or radioactive spiders to cause mutate numbers to rival the general population, but the X-gene is spreading like wildfire. That makes people nervous.
I agree with your first sentence.

Well, that isn't really a theory but becoming a reality.

Fair enough. It still clashes to me when the Avengers are seen as heroes in the same universe when mutants are reviled but that is comic books for you.

I suppose it was my same issue with Bewitched and Zootopia. Minority groups have seen themselves in the witches on Bewitched. But those witches had immense power and were terrifying, even if it was a silly comedy. It would make sense to fear them. I enjoyed Zootopia but the movie wanted the audience to think it was foolish bigotry and a phobia for the prey to fear feral predators. Even though, the prey had no defense against them.

I am not advocating for blind fear but if a sizeable minority in a group is vicious then it becomes precaution. Like the M&M experiment says, would you slip your hand into a bowl of candy if 5% were poisonous?

Maybe I overthink allegories.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.