Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: Rebels
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #792
oxymoron

My initial reaction to the duel was 'that's it?'. But then the final shot with Ben watching over Luke happened and then I think I realized what they were trying to do. It's all about Kenobi's sacrifice on the death star. He's a master, clearly strong with the force (something that's never really shown in detail in A New Hope, at least as far as combat), so strong that he can defeat Maul - a dangerous opponent, as we've seen - in an instant. Ben knows the future, knows his role, chooses to stay and play his part instead of helping the Alliance. Chooses to stay with Luke, follow a path that ends with him laying down his lightsaber before Vader, instead of fighting him. Which this moment on Rebels tells us that he surely can. It makes his sacrifice all the more poignant.

So while the kid in me was like 'nooo, Maul went down like a bitch, wtf was that', I see another side of it.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.