View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #15450
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
No pics but it turned out pretty good. The texture was just amazing and it's crazy that the time window is so variable, which makes dinner timing very easy. I cooked at 135 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

I seared each side for 1 minute in a very hot cast iron after the Sous Vide. However, it didn't taste as good as a steak cooked just in the cast iron. I seasoned the steak before placing in the bag but should I be timing the seasoning differently? Normally I season steaks with salt/pepper and let them sit in the fridge overnight before cooking.
Interesting.. I've never had it taste different. That being said, I Sous Vide mine with fresh Rosemary (I LOVE IT), and that really helps me get more of that infused into the steak.

But yes, Sous Vide REALLY helps with timing dinner. Once you know the "out of the water, through the pan, and onto the plate" time, all the other things, including visitors being chatty and late, simply don't matter. Make the sides when you want, the steaks will be ready....
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote